Poll: Official 2023 Las Vegas Grand Prix Thread - The Strip, Las Vegas - Round 22

Rate Vegas out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Fans tore down the barriers put up to stop non-ticket paying folk from seeing the race.

Expecting an over the top reaction for next year, more cameras, lasers and security bots themed on Toto Wolff the defender of the Las Vegas GP?

Shops along the Strip were also prevented from selling glass items during specific times around the F1 track sessions as part of a bid to prevent anything dangerous somehow ending up on the track.

Insert Max Verstappen joke here.....

Last edited:
Soldato
Usual safety car lottery I see. The funniest commentary bit was when Brundle said his life would be complete now that Justin Bieber was waving the chequered flag.
Max showing why he gets boo'd around the world. First the illegal move, then mocking the stewards on the radio over the penalty applied.

Associate
Much better race than expected. Still don't like street races as you can't see the crowd so just looks like they're racing in an empty cage.
Nice to see Max finally getting a penalty for the same move he's done with impunity over the last few years. But a great win for him.

Highlight of the race for me was the steward falling over his broom when clearing up the track. :p

Caporegime
Much better race than expected. Still don't like street races as you can't see the crowd so just looks like they're racing in an empty cage.
Nice to see Max finally getting a penalty for the same move he's done with impunity over the last few years. But a great win for him.

Highlight of the race for me was the steward falling over his broom when clearing up the track. :p

I saw that too! :D

Soldato
Well from that race I learned that Treasure Island has free parking, and that Perez should have covered the inside line. Other than that they might as well have raced in an industrial estate just like they did with Valencia.

Soldato
Thought I’d catch the start of the replay and not get too annoyed seen as I knew the outcome. How on earth does Max get away with turning the steering into Leclerc on the outside of the first corner when they were at best alongside? Nuts. 5sec penalty is absolute nonsense, he should be made to give that back immediately and in doing so suffer for it in the first lap.

Big shunt for Norris too. Ouch.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thought I’d catch the start of the replay and not get too annoyed seen as I knew the outcome. How on earth does Max get away with turning the steering into Leclerc on the outside of the first corner when they were at best alongside? Nuts. 5sec penalty is absolute nonsense, he should be made to give that back immediately and in doing so suffer for it in the first lap.

Big shunt for Norris too. Ouch.

I watched the full replay, but whilst out hiking I accidentally saw a news pic and it had a guy in red holding a trophy. I was like "oh so Leclerc won then" then all race I was trying to figure out how Lecrelc would win. The ending was quite a surprise. Turns out the image was of Perez in red and was article was talking about RB finishing 1-2 in the constructors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom