Official 2024 Indycar Season Thread

Man of Honour
INdycar.png

I know its not as popular as F1 on here (although lets see if the 2024 keeps being as exciting as Bahrain was!) - its the first Indycar race this weekend as well so I thought it would be an idea to at least have a season thread!

First up St Pete next Sunday at 4PM!

Season Schedule 2024 (UK Start Times) - All on Sky Sports F1

INdycar-2024-Schedule.png

Last edited:
Commissario
Every year I try and watch some Indycar and every year I just sort of drift away from it. I think it’s an unfamiliarity with most of the drivers (and I appreciate that if I watched more, that problem would go away), the identical cars and the way the show is produced. It’s just sooooo American!

Man of Honour
OP
Every year I try and watch some Indycar and every year I just sort of drift away from it. I think it’s an unfamiliarity with most of the drivers (and I appreciate that if I watched more, that problem would go away), the identical cars and the way the show is produced. It’s just sooooo American!

I've watched on/off for years and I'm ashamed to admit it was probably Grosjean moving there in 2021 that made me tune in more, since then there's even more Brits and its helped by being pretty competitive at the front as well. Also helps its often live on a Sunday evening when there's naff all else on!
But yeah its very very American!

Soldato
Loves me some Indycar so count me in for a thread :)

Unlike F1 these days you still get some total ******* crazy races where anything can happen! Cautions usually breed cautions :p Also there will be at least a couple of races where Scott Dixon will keep his head while all around lose theirs and win when he really should have had no chance!

and Herta will flatter to deceive and bin it in at least 1 race he should win!

Soldato
I was planning to go to Nashville for the Indy Car race this year, it'll be the season finale and Nashville is an awesome city so I thought it'd be a good trip. Plus I'll be in Las Vegas (UGH!) on a work trip a couple of days later so travel costs would be somewhat covered by the company.

Well it seems they've moved away from the street circuit to the Superspeedway. I can just about cope with a superspeedway on TV but have zero interest in watching one in person. Guess I'll bin that idea off then.

That rules me out of attending a race this season, but next year I'll plan a trip to see a friend in Ontario with the Toronto race.

Man of Honour
OP
Fantastic looking grid with some real surprises out there as well; not many would have given Rosenqvist or Grosjean a chance of making the Fast 6 after joining Meyer Shank and Juncos Hollinger over the winter.

Would have liked to see Ilott higher up the grid though; still possible the Arrow McLaren isn't great - fine in the hands of Pato O'Ward in 3rd but Alex Rossi just ahead of Ilott in 15th.

Ah well no Grand Prix today so this should be a nice replacement!

image.png

Soldato
Proper random looking event this weekend, a non championship race at what appears to be some millionaires gated community near Coachella with a racetrack inside it!

$500,000 to the winner of the 'final' 20 lap race which is preceded by 2 x 10 lap heats where the top 6 in each go through to the final.

Back
Top Bottom