Poll: Official 2024 Miami Grand Prix Race Thread - Miami International Autodrome - Race 6/24

Rate the Miami race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Word for word what I was going to post. I bet Hamilton can't wait for next year.
Its safe to say with 100% certainty that Merc have not got a clue of the current regs and never will. They are counting the days till the 2026 regs kick in to shuffle the order again.

Associate
Bottas gets a 3 place grid penalty for the sprint race for his incident with Piastri, but the team don't get any penalty at all, I disagree with this as they admitted that the team did not inform Bottas that Piastri was approaching on a fast lap and

"That was obviously an error on the team’s part and contributed significantly to the incident."

if it contributed significantly to the incident then why not punsh the team too as they usually do.

Soldato
Its safe to say with 100% certainty that Merc have not got a clue of the current regs and never will. They are counting the days till the 2026 regs kick in to shuffle the order again.

I don't see the 2026 regs helping Merc too much, the aero stuff is largely the same afaik? Sure they might nail the engine again but not sure that'll be enough considering just how slow they are now...

Caporegime
The Merc is a real dog this year. Id say it's probably the 5th fastest car overall. Solidly midfield.

Don't know what Merc are doing so wrong to be going backwards. I mean they started these regs badly but they were still probably the 3rd fastest car overall in 2022 and the first part of 2023.

It's embarrassing for them that McLaren and Aston to have leapfrogged them.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
The Merc is a real dog this year. Id say it's probably the 5th fastest car overall. Solidly midfield.

Don't know what Merc are doing so wrong to be going backwards. I mean they started these regs badly but they were still probably the 3rd fastest car overall in 2022 and the first part of 2023.

It's embarrassing for McLaren and Aston to have leapfrogged them.

Obviously Miami is quite a specific track in terms of setup of the car, etc but Mercedes seem to have never really got a decent understanding of how any of their cars have worked since the new rules came in.

If I was being approached with huge amounts of money as a potential driver to join the team in 2026 I'd be giving it a miss; if they screwed up this bad in 2022 and still haven't got a handle on it I''d have little faith they'll suddenly sort it in 2026

Soldato
Obviously Miami is quite a specific track in terms of setup of the car, etc but Mercedes seem to have never really got a decent understanding of how any of their cars have worked since the new rules came in.

If I was being approached with huge amounts of money as a potential driver to join the team in 2026 I'd be giving it a miss; if they screwed up this bad in 2022 and still haven't got a handle on it I''d have little faith they'll suddenly sort it in 2026
They’ll either get lucky and figure it out or the next car will more of the same.

Don’t think Toto will be running the show either way as he looks utterly exhausted and emotionally checked out.

Soldato

The update from Norris is interesting, as everyone assumed it was a lack of heat into the tyres which caused the poor 1st and 2nd sector times on SQ3

“The car was feeling very good throughout the session. In SQ3 we just seemed to overheat the tyres in the first sector which compromised the rest of the lap, but the team have done a good job getting the upgrades here and they are working. I’m happy with the progress we’ve made. The pace of the car is very good, let’s see what we can do tomorrow.”

Back
Top Bottom