• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official 3D Mark 11 scores**

Soldato
7950's. No point going from 256 bit to 256 bit (7870's).

Also the added disadvantage of having the same card as humbug was too much to bear :D.

Hahaha

RIVE!! mate !!! I did vantage today 131 and 105.3 BLK will do more too much more but the CPU does not like much over 5.5ghz.

Nice, I ended up with an MSI Xpower II purely on the basis I managed to get it for less then a P9X79...as far as I can make out its the only board that even comes close to matching an Asus ROG X79 board, so hopefully I shouldn't be disappointed, which lets face it, as long as it doesn't have the massive droop issues my UD7 has then I'll be happy :)

Soldato
7870 @ 1350core/1450vram with a 2500K

39286746.jpg

Could probably bench higher but 12.11 drivers mean that I am restricted to CCC overclocks only (no voltage control and max 1450vram OC).

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow 1350 core and no voltage control!! You need moar volts and some water STAT!!.
It is unstable as hell at that speed, but can just about pass 3DMark11. I managed 1360core/1525core stable using CAT 12.10's and Afterburner with 1.3v, but CAT 12.11's are noticeably faster, even with lower clocks. Card is a high ASIC air cooled Gigabyte Windforce.

Soldato
Yeah. The pooey AMD drivers meant that the 7970 wasn't all that much faster in triple screen before (faster but not by much).

Now it's night and day and I want to run a large overclock on my little babies when they arrive tomorrow and actually quantify the difference by benching my 7950's at an overclock which is roughly equivalent to 2 * 7970's with a normal overclock.

Make sense? No? Me either! :p

Did you never use 3D then Rusty?
We'd also have nearly the same setup when you get your new cards :D

Very occasionally but nowhere enough to pass up on £150 ish by selling up now. I'm not in need of the money by any stretch but I'm also sensible and know when a good time is to sell up.

As a single card at 1080p you can't get better than my beast. It's a monstrosity! :)

Discounting Lightnings because we all know they're going to melt in a couple of months when the voltage starts degrading :D. 1300+ on stock volts is very, very rare for a 680.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah. The pooey AMD drivers meant that the 7970 wasn't all that much faster in triple screen before (faster but not by much).

Now it's night and day and I want to run a large overclock on my little babies when they arrive tomorrow and actually quantify the difference by benching my 7950's at an overclock which is roughly equivalent to 2 * 7970's with a normal overclock.

Make sense? No? Me either! :p

Very occasionally but nowhere enough to pass up on £150 ish by selling up now.

Welcome to the 7950 club!
I noticed that we don't have any 7950 CF scores on this thread yet, so it'll be good to get some posted up. Will also be good to get some more 7950 scores generally :)

Back
Top Bottom