• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official 3D Mark 11 scores**

Man of Honour
What (no pun intended) do you pull at the wall Kap?

Its something I have been thinking about lately but I don't have any way to measure it. The reason I need to know is because when I put my w/c rig together im worried that the extra pumps and fans will push the PSU I want to use over the edge.

If I had to guess it would be about the same as whyscotty uses. 3 GPUs vs 4GPUs but his are clocked higher than mine.

Soldato
Cooling is cascades.

CPU 5.726mhz for Physics and 5.832mhz for Graphics tests.
GPU 1660 Core 1885 mems

I have maxed out the current clock sliders on ABX so now need a new starting clock so Bios flash to start at 1500mhz next. Voltage is 1.325 on GPU.

Next post will be 1500+ points otherwise I am not posting!!!

Going to break out a 7970 and hex core for the 1500+ run?

I bought a power monitor off that auction site as I wanted to know. Real cheap as well.

Got some of these at work, though they aren't in-line, its the clamp type, I'll try sneak one home at the weekend and see what I can draw. Knowing my luck it will be enough to prompt me to buy another PSU :p

OcUK Staff
No I will get that with this GTX680. Gonna do the best I can with this before I do 7970 Matrix and BE. It takes a lot of time to set up these benches especially insulating the cards. So I am gonna see what this has in it first. Maybe I get 15000 with this.

With 7970 defo. looking at 16000 with 7970.

I had the Hex out this morning for Vantage and am gonna do more of that tonight for a comp on HWbot.

Soldato
Sweet :D

I meant to ask you as well, what do you make of the current top single GPU score? The guy that got it claimed using a UP5 over a maximus V boosted his physics score, he had something around 15900 on physics for around 6ghz, yet your clocks are only 300mhz lower but score well over 1000 points lower on physics?

I hope that made sense, it almost did as I typed it :p

@Gregster, its a picture of me, I'm irresistible to all sexes regardless of orientation :p

Joke, obviously, no moobs in that picture :(

Soldato
Hahah,

Well 8 Pack, I'm going to rule out nipping over to do some clocking out of fear you're going to throw my fat self on to a dynamo equipped treadmill to power your machines :p

I had no idea a chip of better quality could produce better scores at the same/similar clock speeds.

OcUK Staff
Hahah,

Well 8 Pack, I'm going to rule out nipping over to do some clocking out of fear you're going to throw my fat self on to a dynamo equipped treadmill to power your machines :p

I had no idea a chip of better quality could produce better scores at the same/similar clock speeds.

Yeah for sure the IMC is onboard and GPU lanes are onboard. The stronger the CPU the better the scores.

Soldato
That makes sense now, in turn would a stronger CPU give better GPU scores?

This may explain why I can hit higher GPU scores with lower clocks then some other 7970's.

OcUK Staff
That makes sense now, in turn would a stronger CPU give better GPU scores?

This may explain why I can hit higher GPU scores with lower clocks then some other 7970's.

Correct.

Also RAM sub timing BLK etc all come into play.

Every CPU and component work together differently so good scores take time finding what settings work well for your system.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sweet, thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge again 8 Pack much appreciated :)

I should hope I can get some better BLK clocks on my new board, couldn't boot past 103 on the UD7.

Back
Top Bottom