**Official Asus A8N-SLI Premium Thread**

Associate
well i think that beta bios 1007 aint all that when i restart it wont...it hangs blank screen i have to hit my reset button...and gord just try it on yer nv port but im hearing thers a new driver which enables u to use yur drive on its own from sil image..

Caporegime
Overlag said:
1: software switch for SLI modes, no jumpers to change
2: heatpipe/fanless chipset cooler

thats the only 2 things i know of.

Isn't there some sort of 1T bug on the other boards too? sure I read somewhere that the Premium has a fix for 1T bug, don't know what that bug is exactly though.

Associate
I've got my system setup now:

- Asus A8N Premium
- AMD 4400+
- 4GB Ram (2 x Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX Kits)
- Maxtor Maxline III 250Gb SATA HD
- XFX Geforce 6800GT

At stock temperature, the system occasionally had slight pauses/lockups switching windows. I was formatting a 200Gb partition though. Since rebooting and installing all the drivers, it's improved a bit so I tried some moderate overclocking for curiosity. It took a while to figure out what xyz was in 2.5-x-y-z. I've put it up to 11 x 225 and it seems to be working OK with memory on 2.5-3-3-7. It runs my Masters project successfully and runs the 2 Prime 95 instances fine as well. It's also stable with 4Gb of RAM to my relief. Running Windows XP x64 no problem (except there's a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager). Installed nforce 6.66 and Geforce 77.77 for x64 but still a yellow exclamation mark. Got no idea what it is so I'll just leave that be.

A few questions though:

- I couldn't find a setting to enable dual channel RAM anywhere? Is this automatic? Is it possible to see if it's running dual channel RAM anywhere?
- Any ideas what the yellow question mark in device manager could be?
- Any suggestions to improvements to the above configuration? I haven't set up a computer in a long time and am a bit out of the loop.

Thanks!

Associate
I am having a few problems with mine...after 2 installs on my a8n premium...im still not happy with it it just hangs when you try and restart u get a blank screen and almost every time I boot up the NV raid crashes..Trying the 1006 bios now changed ram, changed slots, running an audigy 2 which can’t be found to put drivers in. Although I managed to get the cd drivers on… the updates won’t work pci slot 2, maybe I should try the 6.66 drivers but when I did those on a floppy on the nv raid the system just hung when loading xp first time ...then had to reinstall with raid drivers of cd using 2x raptors

Soldato
Khai said:
A few questions though:
- I couldn't find a setting to enable dual channel RAM anywhere? Is this automatic? Is it possible to see if it's running dual channel RAM anywhere?
- Any suggestions to improvements to the above configuration? I haven't set up a computer in a long time and am a bit out of the loop.

Thanks!

-It's automatic, A1 with B1 and A2 with B2 if I remember correctly for dual channel.
-Does it say Unknown Device or?
-I set the "auto" settings manually to make sure all is ok, like VDIMM, PCI clock, PCI-E clock, vcore etc.

Soldato
OP
Khai said:

I'm running Win XP x64 as well, that yellow mark is for the AMD Power Management thingy. I'll email you the driver when I (eventually) get the internet at home! Same goes to all of you asking me for settings and MBM5 files, I can't email you them because my PC isn't connected to the internet!

Anyone tried the new Beta BIOS? Silly Asus make them available but don't include a changelog so we have no idea what we are flashing too..!

Cheers,

Suman

Associate
Deffo problem with this board.In my other replies to this thread that my pc would freeze or reboot when playing dx9 games after 5 mins.i tried everything swapping out all the hardware,changing psu's uninstalling/re-installing windows etc etc.When i changed the mobo over to a ABIT FATAL1TY SLI not one single problem runs how i thought the Asus should run been playing all my dx9 games for hours now,NO FREEZING/REBOOTING.Didnt even reinstall anything not even drivers just took out the Asus ,stuck in the ABIT windows detected the new drives, etc install them. rebooted then played the games.So for me the theres something wrong we these boards other people have exactly the same problems i had some of them have replied to this thread,and on the asus support foroms too.Should have gone Abit in the 1st place. this was my 1st and very much last asus mobo.

Associate
Hi.

I've just finished setting up my new system:

AMD Winchester 3000+
Asus A8N SLI-Premium (6.53)
1GB Corsair 4400 RAM
Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 SATA 160GB (NTFS, plugged into nVidia SATA port)
Leadtek 7800GT (77.77)
Tagan 480w
XP Home

Unfortunately, I cannot install much because of errors saying that files are corrupt. For example, installing Half Life 2, and CRC errors when installing 3dmark05. The number of files becoming corrupt increases exponentially over time, to the point that windows can't even load. In addition, it seems to be quite unstable, randomly rebooting.

After researching the problem, it seems that I'm not the only one to have had this problem. I have tried various solutions to the problem, but none of them seem to have helped me.

I have tried various motherboard driver versions, diffferent hard disk, RAM, etc and still can't find a solution. These suggestions have been made on a different forum. I have upgraded to PCI express, so actually only the motherboard and video card are new. All of the other components have been carried over. Any help would be greatly appreciated - 3 days and 5 formats and I'm no closer to solving the problem!

Thanks in advance!

Soldato
You probably have tried these, but just in case you haven't:
manually set timings to cas3,4,4,8 and increase mem voltage to 2.8v.

If you have already tried that, then the next stop would be trying a different HDD, I have heard of probs with maxtor 9 series on Nforce boards, and also having had a few die on me, tend to avoid them myself these days.

Associate
rafster said:
-It's automatic, A1 with B1 and A2 with B2 if I remember correctly for dual channel.
-Does it say Unknown Device or?
-I set the "auto" settings manually to make sure all is ok, like VDIMM, PCI clock, PCI-E clock, vcore etc.

Yep, my 4Gb is running dual channel. Turned off the BIOS image screen and it states dual channel as does CPUZ.

It's an unknown device. I installed the AMD Driver from the AMD website and it was still there after resetting. However another reset later and it's gone. Strange but as long as it stays gone I don't really care.

What's the default PCI-E clock? And what's the default voltage for RAM? I'll set everything manually.

Associate
sumang007 said:
I'm running Win XP x64 as well, that yellow mark is for the AMD Power Management thingy. I'll email you the driver when I (eventually) get the internet at home! Same goes to all of you asking me for settings and MBM5 files, I can't email you them because my PC isn't connected to the internet!

Anyone tried the new Beta BIOS? Silly Asus make them available but don't include a changelog so we have no idea what we are flashing too..!

Cheers,

Suman

Thanks for the offer Suman. I went to the AMD website and found it the driver there. I'll take your MBM settings off you though as I didn't know what I was doing with that.

Associate
Overclocking my 3700

Hi,

Have an ASUS A8N SLi Premium & 3700 San Diego. Was trying use the AI overclocking feature in the asus bios. Have raised 5%, but when i try and raise it anymore, the system just hangs and wont load windows. But it's fine when lowering it back down to 5%. Any idea's why this is happening? Am i better of useing the overclocking feature of the Bios. Am useing Bios 1005.

Thanks

Associate
Scimitar1 said:
Hi.

I've just finished setting up my new system:

AMD Winchester 3000+
Asus A8N SLI-Premium (6.53)
1GB Corsair 4400 RAM
Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 SATA 160GB (NTFS, plugged into nVidia SATA port)
Leadtek 7800GT (77.77)
Tagan 480w
XP Home

Unfortunately, I cannot install much because of errors saying that files are corrupt. For example, installing Half Life 2, and CRC errors when installing 3dmark05. The number of files becoming corrupt increases exponentially over time, to the point that windows can't even load. In addition, it seems to be quite unstable, randomly rebooting.

After researching the problem, it seems that I'm not the only one to have had this problem. I have tried various solutions to the problem, but none of them seem to have helped me.

I have tried various motherboard driver versions, diffferent hard disk, RAM, etc and still can't find a solution. These suggestions have been made on a different forum. I have upgraded to PCI express, so actually only the motherboard and video card are new. All of the other components have been carried over. Any help would be greatly appreciated - 3 days and 5 formats and I'm no closer to solving the problem!

Thanks in advance!
i was haveing same problems as you mate..i changed my nv raid driver and it cured the lot i see your useing the nv port...and ther seems to be problems with maxtor drives to although that may be limited to the a8n deluxe

Associate
Hi. Thanks for the suggestions. I borrowed my brother's Diamond Max 10 disk and I've come to the conclusion that it was a combination of the Hard drive and the SATA cable. I've just ordered a Samsung Spinpoint P120S 250GB SATAII disk, so my problems should be over!

Soldato
phoenix69 said:
Hi,

Have an ASUS A8N SLi Premium & 3700 San Diego. Was trying use the AI overclocking feature in the asus bios. Have raised 5%, but when i try and raise it anymore, the system just hangs and wont load windows. But it's fine when lowering it back down to 5%. Any idea's why this is happening? Am i better of useing the overclocking feature of the Bios. Am useing Bios 1005.

Thanks

You are better to overclock manually to be honest so you can control the voltages. For example you may need higher vcore or better RAM timings.

Associate
rafster said:
You are better to overclock manually to be honest so you can control the voltages. For example you may need higher vcore or better RAM timings.

Hi thanks for your help. I'll get some better RAm and overclock it manually.

Soldato
OP
Hey,

Anyone tried the new 1007 release BIOS? Gonna take it home and flash now... hopefully it works ok! Btw to everyone asking for my settings, MBM config files etc, I'm getting my phone line put in on Friday, so ADSL in a week or two after that hopefully. Getting there slowly!

Cheers,

Suman

Back
Top Bottom