**Official Asus A8N-SLI Premium Thread**

Soldato
Hey,

A lot of people are getting this board because of the reliable brand, loaded features and solid overclocking potential. But every board has it's unique niggles! So I thought I'd make a thread where owners can post and exchange solutions/tips/tricks etc.

List of useful links:

Asus Downloads (BIOS, Drivers, Utilities etc.)

My MBM5 folder customised to work with A8N-SLI Premium

ACPI x64 Driver (to get rid of Yellow ? in Windows XP x64)

(Will update the above list with your suggestions, just drop me an email!)

Cheers,

Suman

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Grrr :( Have you done any benchies to see if this is a significant performance hit?

And slightly OT but is your CPU overclocked? Would appreciate it if you could post your settings and stuff (just for comparison).

Cheers,

Suman

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah I'm glad they fixed the 1T problem! What sort of temps are you getting rafster? I'm finding this board overvolting a fair bit both at idle and load. I have set it to 1.525V in the BIOS but it hovers at about 1.54V as read by MBM5 and Asus Probe...

Suman

Soldato
OP
CSNuts: My 2Gb is running perfectly fine at 2,3,3,6,1T (only the small 22T problem I mentioned in the first post). I think it can even manage 2,3,2,5,1T!

Vogon: I'm using the NV SATA ports and they seem to be locked fine. The SI ports are on the PCI bus which can be locked at 33Mhz, so in theory they should be fine too! I'm running 1T at 300HTT but that's on a 3:2 ratio so I'm not sure if that's the case for 1:1 as well. That's on BIOS 1005. I think whether you can run 4 sticks depends on your CPU core revision not the board :)

Simon D: I'm not exactly sure what you mean... you want to up the HTT but keep your memory at 200Mhz like me? If you could provide us with your full spec and a more detailed explanation we should be able to help out :)

Cheers,

Suman

Soldato
OP
I'm using MBM5 for temps/voltages/fan speeds and it seems to be pretty reliable... if anyone wants the modified voltages.ini to make it work with the board just drop me an email :)

Soldato
OP
My HTT is at 300 at the moment (8 x 300). Had to up the HTT and chipset volts a tiny bit to stabilise it, as I was getting boot lockups. I'm hopefully gonna try for 325MHz at some point... :D

Suman

Soldato
OP
Simon D: Nice to hear your overclock is stable :) temps seem pretty good too (I get 39 idle and 50 load, but that's with a Winny using 1.525V). I heard nForce 6.66 are a bit iffy... are you using Win XP or XP x64? Maybe try the version before them...

Turelin: nForce driver package installs an audio app, but it didn't work for me so I just installed the Realtek ones over them! Latest version is 3.73a maybe try upgrading to those if you haven't already. Also in the Realtek control panel there should be an option called "Microphone Auto Gain Control" or something similar... not at my main PC now so can't check exactly! But if you can find it try enabling it?

drunknmunky: My NB idles at about 38... iirc load temps don't rise much at all, maybe a degree or two at most.

Suman

Soldato
OP
Khai said:
- Any ideas what the yellow question mark in device manager could be?

I'm running Win XP x64 as well, that yellow mark is for the AMD Power Management thingy. I'll email you the driver when I (eventually) get the internet at home! Same goes to all of you asking me for settings and MBM5 files, I can't email you them because my PC isn't connected to the internet!

Anyone tried the new Beta BIOS? Silly Asus make them available but don't include a changelog so we have no idea what we are flashing too..!

Cheers,

Suman

Soldato
OP
Hey,

Anyone tried the new 1007 release BIOS? Gonna take it home and flash now... hopefully it works ok! Btw to everyone asking for my settings, MBM config files etc, I'm getting my phone line put in on Friday, so ADSL in a week or two after that hopefully. Getting there slowly!

Cheers,

Suman

Soldato
OP
If you overclock on a divider, the TRC automatically defaults to 22T, no matter what you set it to in the BIOS. Default is usually 11T.

BIOS 1007 solvies this issue :)

Suman

Soldato
OP
Asus are usually good with BIOS updates and bug fixes, they're are hopefully fixing the X2 bug as we speak. So hang in there... or go back to DFI :p

joedeath332, I didn't actually do any performance benchies before and after 22T bug was fixed... I'll run some when I get home though to see how much of a hit 22T gives.

Suman

Soldato
OP
RAMEEZ:

Yeah definatley, it's a nice stable board with lots of featuers. If you won't be using any of the extras and just having a pure gaming rig you could save a few bob and go with the Deluxe or Vanilla versions, but if you MUST have the top end board (like me :D) then this is defo a great buy!

Suman

Back
Top Bottom