****Official Doom 4 Thread****

Associate
Looks badass. I've been following the development for a while now. Can't wait for the release. There's going to be some new info on June 14 at E3 showcase.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Colour me excited!

I'll be excited if they manage to do some thing about the pitiful bad guy count of D3, I so missed the sphincter loosening sense of panic of D1/2 when you find yourself facing a horde of imps, demons, cacodemons etc baring down on you intent on ripping you a new ahole, cue much frantic back peddling, straffing, sweating & cursing.

Caporegime
I must be one of the few that actually liked/enjoyed doom 3 :o :D

Marmite game really. The monster closets were a really cheesy thing to have in the game, a throwback to the earlier games maybe but didn't really fit in with the "forces of hell" taking to hiding in conveniently placed panels inside a military base. Sound effects for a lot of the weapons were also pretty crap as well. Funny thing was the leaked e3 demo had some interesting parts in it that never made it into the final game. Its also weird to think that they got a sci fi writer to do the story for them, yet its never explained why 99% of the base gets possessed yet you and a handful of others don't. The little spiderbots i think were also an odd addition, they go around totally wrecking anything in front of them yet the base got overtaken so easily? Seems to me you could stick 5 of them in the base and have it cleared in 10 minutes.

Strange to think this will be the first doom game without carmacks direct involvement. Probably have that Tim Willits guy out pimping this to the press like he did with rage.

The 7:20 mark in this video is brilliant, :eek:

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Damn, I saw a thread update email and rushed here with weak 3G thinking there was news of a leaked beta and I'd have to find a pc, any pc, to rdp home to and download so it's ready for when I get home tonight.

Sad times!

Back
Top Bottom