• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official Ivybridge Overclock Thread***

Associate
I managed to get 4.8GHz with temps maxing out under 90 degrees "stable" for 20 minutes. It won't be my 24/7 clock, but it is nice to see what this chip is capable of. I've heard that these chips are more resilient than SB and can take higher temps better, but I really see no point in the risk of damaging your CPU for next to no real world gains.

3570koc.jpg

I'm tempted to try 4.9GHz but I can see the temps going through the roof. I may give it a try tomorrow, but I'm going to stick to 4.5GHz @ <60 degrees for now.

Last edited:
Associate
I managed to get 4.8GHz with temps maxing out under 90 degrees "stable" for 20 minutes. It won't be my 24/7 clock, but it is nice to see what this chip is capable of. I've heard that these chips are more resilient than SB and can take higher temps better, but I really see no point in the risk of damaging your CPU for next to no real world gains.

3570koc.jpg

I'm tempted to try 4.9GHz but I can see the temps going through the roof. I may give it a try tomorrow, but I'm going to stick to 4.5GHz @ <60 degrees for now.

seen some sandybridges jump 15-20c going from 4.7 - 5ghz and considering ivy bridge is a die shrink think the temps are pretty good

Associate
Had a little play last night. Using the TurboV utility that's included in AI Suite II I had my i7-3770K stable at 4.4GHz in Prime 95. Ran it for 10 mins - temps rose to 60c but no further. Using a Gelid Tranquillo cooler.

I was quite please with that result. I reckon I could push it to 4.6 without a problem. Rig went from "almost silent" to "747" though during the test :D

Associate
Hi,

So I've just bought a system. I have a 3570K, but with only the stock cooler. I'd like to put a modest overclock on it.

What I need to do is?

1. Increase the multiplier an increment
2. Stress test to see if I'm stable (large prime?)
3. If I become unstable, increase the VCore
4. Repeat whilst ensuring Max Temp does not exceed 80*C?

Does that seem right?

Associate
Hi,

So I've just bought a system. I have a 3570K, but with only the stock cooler. I'd like to put a modest overclock on it.

What I need to do is?

1. Increase the multiplier an increment
2. Stress test to see if I'm stable (large prime?)
3. If I become unstable, increase the VCore
4. Repeat whilst ensuring Max Temp does not exceed 80*C?

Does that seem right?

Yep, pretty much spot on. Maybe change the load line calibration settings to turbo or similar on your mobo too

Soldato
Could we have to OP updated with everyone's OC's please? I'd like to get an average from the different chips and also what people can push theirs to. Still torn between this and SB.

Back
Top Bottom