*** Official Kodi (née XBMC) Thread ***

Soldato
No, it mimics TV, so if i'm watching something on channel one and flick to channel two it is supposed to be in line with when the program started on teh EPG.
That's how it was designed, i've got it working fine on my PC just a few more issue on the ouya, which I guess are to be expected for a while.

In regards to your problem with the tv episodes, you can set better rules for the channels so that say at 6pm everyday the simpsons will come on and it plan the next in the series.
You do have to do a bit of work with the rules but it's worth it for people like me who can never decide what to watch.

Thanks to your response, I've looked into PseudoTV a bit more, and found it is possible to solve my episode order problem.

So now I'm dealing with the problem of it starting episodes partway through, which I don't want, while youre dealing with the problem of it starting at the beginning of shows! If we each had each other's problem, our individual problems would be solved!

Does anyone know how to make PseudoTV start tv shows and movies always at the beginning, instead of at the "current time".

Also, when i launch PseudoTV, it always starts a video playing. Is it possible to go straight to the EPG instead of starting a video?

Soldato
Using Frodo 12.0 and today I have no movie section on my home screen, if I go into the skin settings under the home bit where you hide icons, all the movies are greyed out.

Only odd thing is when XBMC loads it takes ages as it looks like its doing a full rescrap of everything

Soldato
Videos are on my NAS, the mapped drives are active before XBMC being loaded.

If I go into the files bit, I can see the Movie file, its added as asource, its classed as movies, I can even go in it and open the movie that way, so I know XBMC can see them, just there is no option for it from the main menu it is most odd

Kimbie

Soldato

If I go into the files bit, I can see the Movie file, its added as asource, its classed as movies, I can even go in it and open the movie that way, so I know XBMC can see them, just there is no option for it from the main menu it is most odd

Kimbie

Have you set the shares content i.e. Movies and given a scraper to use? if you have try forcing a scan on that folder (right click and scan)

Soldato
Ahoy everyone,

I just bought an Acer Revo RL70 off a mate and tried to install XBMC onto it.
I keep getting an error that I've never seen before.

microcode: failed to load file amd-ucode/microcode_amd.bin

Any idea how to get around this?!

Soldato

Kimbie

I've had a similar problem using mapped drives, but it usually goes away after rebooting XBMC.

Try changing the source to using the SMB share path.

Soldato
It seems if I install Eden 11.0 then it works...

I have no idea about the error, but try installing XBMC-12/Frodo over the top of Eden. Maybe it includes some files that were left out of Frodo?

Or it maybe that your first frodo install was corrupt, simply reinstalling that might work.

Soldato
Hummm another weird thing that has decided to happen is that for some reason the sub menus stop working. I have to go into the customiser and disable then enable for it to work. If I reboot its fine but if I then leave it overnight they stop working. I have not altered or changed anything and as far as I can tell its not automatically updated itself.

Associate
My previous post I mentioned that I have a problem with my BluRays playing. Checked it on the weekend and BluRays work in PowerDVD etc but not im XBMC :/

The BluRay drive I'm using is: LG BH16NS40 16x SATA Internal BDRW - OEM

Was testing using Captain America BluRay.

Any thoughts to why I couldn't get it to work? When the disc is loading, XBMC does pop up with Player controls to the Right of the screen for like a second whilst its still showing the main interface?

Caporegime
Just installed XMBC on my android phone!

http://www.xbmcandroid.com/forums/installing-xbmc-android/830-7.htm

1) Download and Install MX Player & MX Player CODECS through your phonevia Google Apps2) Run MX PLAYER once to get it working.
3) Download and runGoo.im Downloads - Downloading xbmc-frodo-12.1-xaf-teg2-touch-20130503-8d75a5c004.apk
4) Launch XMBChub and let it update some of the addons!

Make sure that in security settings, non secure apps are allowed to be installed other than google apps ;)

Oh and then do this ( WHEN IT'S UP AND WORKING )

5) http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/announcements/7933-new-xbmchub-wizard-2-0-you-gotta-see.html

First time on my Android phone today! :D

Soldato
The XBMC Android version you're linking to there isn't the official version.
The official version is here: http://xbmc.org/download/

I have it installed on my nexus 7. I didn't have to do any of that other stuff - just installed the official beta linked in this post, and it worked.

Caporegime
That UN-Official version as you so put it was actually linked by XBMC on facebook for people with certain tablets and phones :)

EDIT ::

HUBWIZARD FIXED ON MY VODAFONE ANDROID (Hubwizard has been down for two days according to XBMC website )

Go into System or anywhere where it says SKINS, and change it to CONFLUENCE. Click VIDEO-ADDONS then XBMCHUB(Maintenence). Click FUSION INSTALLER then INSTALL FROM ZIP FILE. Click FUSION on right hand side. Click HUBWIZARD, then click Plugin.video.hubwizard and OK. Click VIDEO-ADDONS, then click HUBWIZARD and finally ANDROID.

That's it done tons of awesome channels :)

Last edited:
Soldato
That UN-Official version as you so put it was actually linked by XBMC on facebook for people with certain tablets and phones :)

I'm surprised. They have been pretty down on the xbmc for android devs for not doing enough to make clear they are fork of xbmc and unofficial.

They also don't acknowledge the existence of xbmchub because of its piracy content (I personally don't mind xbmchub, just pointing out why xbmc doesn't officially acknowledge them and won't include their plugins in official distribution).

Anyway my post wasn't to discourage people from using the "xbmc for android", it was meant to encourage people to try the official xbmc android build first. You may not need to go through all the rigmarole mentioned in that post.

Back
Top Bottom