**** Official LG G4 Discussion Thread ****

Associate
Mine has arrived today! Very pleased, everything seems to be in order - correct core speed, ram, space, 4g working etcetera. I didn't panic at first when CPU-Z showed the processor as 1.44Ghz, but quickly realised the two extra cores were not yet full power - went into a powerful app and the full processor potential showed.

Will be having a play with it over the next week - and saved £100 on UK pricing!!

Soldato
Anyone else have a positive experience with battery life?

Having had it a couple of weeks, here are my thoughts:

- Standby time is great, if you're not using the device for a few hours etc then it will barely register a drop.

- On screen (i.e. browsing for a long period) is about on par with most other similar devices. Certainly no worse I would say. It's maybe marginally better than the S6, but I only used that for a few days so it's not a fair comparison.

Soldato
Having had it a couple of weeks, here are my thoughts:

- Standby time is great, if you're not using the device for a few hours etc then it will barely register a drop.

- On screen (i.e. browsing for a long period) is about on par with most other similar devices. Certainly no worse I would say. It's maybe marginally better than the S6, but I only used that for a few days so it's not a fair comparison.

Thanks Mate, as I suspected and on par with what other users say.

Associate
Any good deals out there for this phone? I've had a year off Android with a Nokia 1020 but really like the look of this.

Are you allowed to post other companies on here?

I bought mine from a company that imports from Asia. Means I've missed out on an extra years warranty, but it is insured under bank insurance anyway. Only cost me £400 for a brown leather version (would be £380 if I bought now).

Associate
I know stoosh has seen this buy anyone else noticed lag on the g4?

Opening keyboard, moving from apps to other apps, opening apps etc.

Not noticed this myself, maybe I will do over the next few weeks as I use it more. Will update if I experience any.

EDIT: came across a thread on a well known developer forum about lag issues. One post from the first of June said LG are planning to release an update to fix Lollipop issues. Another mentioned using a different launcher - that may well be the case, as I am using nova launcher and have no issues.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just reiterating what lmfy2k was saying. I used a different launcher from the start - Nova to be exact and I still noticed a slight lag on the G4. I tried to ignore it and the more I used the phone the more the lag became apparent switching between applications.

I used the Z3 side by side and it was marginally quicker not by much but it was quicker and smoother. I've had the Z3 for more than 6 months now and I'm a serial phone switcher and I really wanted to like the G4 but because of the lag and it being less smoother than the SD801 equipped Z3 there was no justification keeping the G4 over the Z3 even though it had a newer SoC.

Associate
This was news to me but it appears the LG G4 has an option called game optimizer which is enabled by default, basically it lowers the rendering quality to try and increase performance or save power (not sure which)

Bit lame that they need that at all but at least you can disable it.

Associate
Depends how much effect it has on quality. Rendering @ 1440p on this size screen is overkill.

True, I doubt it's something users will notice without a side by side comparison.

But it does mean 3d benchmarks are not apples to apples comparisons with that enabled.

Back
Top Bottom