**** Official LG G4 Discussion Thread ****

Soldato
How come there are no!! Video players that display the linking symbol for playing a movie on your TV... I have a lg phone and lg tv and its not so easy to throw the movie from phone to TV.

Samsung s6 was much easier!! Alll though I prefer everything else about the g4

Soldato
Received my new phone earlier this week. Previously used an SGS4. I have to say the battery life on the G4 is so much better than I expected!! As I type it is currently at 78%. The S4 would be on charge by now as it would dropped to about 20% with barely much use! So far the phone doesn't seem to use much battery for apps. I use Google Play Music via mobile network when I am out and about and it hardly impedes the battery. Whereas the S4 would lose a good 10-15% charge in the space of 20mins!

Going to get a case for it soon. I went for this (not yet released). And it does look really good.

I love the fact that when I got the phone and set it up, it gave me the option to transfer all my apps and settings from the S4 to the G4 via NFC. Definitely saves a lot of time doing it that way! :D

Already put a tempered glass on it and it has a 64GB SD card inside it. I am going to put some movies on the phone to watch OTG. Then we will see how well the battery does!

Definitely pleased with it, I'm sure it will do me well for the next two years! :)

Associate
Had a g4 for the last couple of weeks and so far I love it. I have fairly big hands so the size isn't an issue. Battery life has been a mix of excellent and ok depending on what I'm upto. Had no lag or sensitivity problems with it or the screen surface issue they have been discussing over on xda.

Got mine through 3 on contract, was originally using an htc one m8 but it went a bit screwy and they couldn't replace it so was offered the g4 for £30.. Bought one of the quick circle cases mainly for the qi charging, it is good quality and gives a bit more protection for the sides.

Been playing geometry wars on it for the last day or so and it looks and sounds great despite the rear speaker. Also not bad for grim fandango either :)

Soldato
SUPER MEGA WOOOT!

Here are the final 56 online review winners who can welcome their LG G4 and Tone Infinim heaset as a permanent member into their families. You can check the first 44 photo winners and additional 100 winners here.

As you can see by the number of winners... everyone gets to keep their phone and headset! The LG team was very impressed with your photos and activity during this campaign and has decided that everyone gets to keep their devices.

Ha! I didn't even try that hard.

Soldato
Thanks, I'm so chuffed.

My Nexus 6 is still my daily. I'll keep the G4 handy as my connected camera.

edit - On a side note, has anyone had any software updates since launch?

Last edited:
Associate
Phone actually doesn't feel as big as 5.5" would lead you to believe I must say, held a dummy model instore yesterday, I was suprised.

Associate
Ordered one and getting it delivered tomorrow! So excited!
First new phone I've had in a while after having a Lumia 1320 for 18 months and a Lumia 520 for around 6 months before that.

Time to get me some apps!! :)

Soldato
Smashed my G2 screen into a million pieces today. What do I do, ~£40 for a new screen (with the possibility it might not work) or ~£450 to get a G4?

Soldato
on my second G4 now, (last one was a used one), this one is brand new, updated to latest firmware v10b-234-30 and wow what a difference, it flies now, not experienced any lag as of yet.

Back
Top Bottom