**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Associate
As much as I’ve enjoyed 2020, they can get f’ed if they think I’m buying another MSFS given the state 2020 has been in for the last 2 years
Totally. MS FS2020 got progressively worse and more unstable particularly after they started prioritising development for Xbox.

Soldato
Hi all,

Several hours into playing MSFS now. Im having real difficulty getting a nice stable trim on the aircraft I fly. It seems that they are badly trimmed when you even start the flight, as soon as I take off the nose on most of them just lifts to 30 degrees plus straight off the runway. Im left fighting it to try and get nose down whilst trying to set the trim. Then when I try to trim, it seems impossible to get it to a stable position, its either nose down or nose up, can't get a central position no matter how careful I am.

And landing trim by the same token seems very difficult, can't get a nice trimmed glidepath in no matter how hard I try. Always seem to be fighting the aircraft.

I think its not helping that some aircraft don't seem to have any instrument that tells you where your trim is set to, at least I can't see it. Some have a wheel that moves, but there are no markings so I can't tell how much trim I have on or not.

There doesn't seem to be much by way of tutorial on this in the game, so Im obviously not getting the right technique. Any tips please?

Associate
Hi all,

Several hours into playing MSFS now. Im having real difficulty getting a nice stable trim on the aircraft I fly. It seems that they are badly trimmed when you even start the flight, as soon as I take off the nose on most of them just lifts to 30 degrees plus straight off the runway. Im left fighting it to try and get nose down whilst trying to set the trim. Then when I try to trim, it seems impossible to get it to a stable position, its either nose down or nose up, can't get a central position no matter how careful I am.

And landing trim by the same token seems very difficult, can't get a nice trimmed glidepath in no matter how hard I try. Always seem to be fighting the aircraft.

I think its not helping that some aircraft don't seem to have any instrument that tells you where your trim is set to, at least I can't see it. Some have a wheel that moves, but there are no markings so I can't tell how much trim I have on or not.

There doesn't seem to be much by way of tutorial on this in the game, so Im obviously not getting the right technique. Any tips please?

Follow this and you can't really go wrong

Also some other ones

Last edited:
Associate
Trim is just one of those things that Asobo implemented in the most basic, half-arsed manner.

The quickest possible tap of a key or button is far too coarse, so there's simply no way to make fine adjustments.

Soldato
4090 VR users...

How good is it? How smooth? How high can you bump up the terrain and building level of detail? Supersampling?

Is it good enough, or are there still visual compromises?

Frame generation doesn't work in vr does it, just found this out. So that's a big feature that can't be benefited from here.

Last edited:
Soldato
New avionics update is good - Boeing 748 and 787 finally decent flyers. The freeware 787-8 mod is good too. No idea why they picked the -10 for inclusion when hardly anyone flies it.

Last edited:
Associate
New avionics update is good - Boeing 748 and 787 finally decent flyers. The freeware 787-8 mod is good too. No idea why they picked the -10 for inclusion when hardly anyone flies it.
I only learnt of the B788 mod yesterday when FSelite published an article about the release of v2. It's certainly not great, but good enough for freeware.

There's a couple of things you can do to improve it a little. There's a mod you can download from flightsim.to which will allow you to control the transponder mode, which doesn't seem to be enabled in the Kuro v2.

There's also something you can do about the ridiculous amount of wingflex. In one of the. cfg files (I forget which, but wouldn't take too long to find/Google), change wingflex_scalar from 1.33 to 1.0.

LNAV and VNAV throw the odd wobble, VNAV in particular on descent, but is easily sorted with some intervention.

Last edited:
Soldato
4090 VR users...

How good is it? How smooth? How high can you bump up the terrain and building level of detail? Supersampling?

Is it good enough, or are there still visual compromises?

Frame generation doesn't work in vr does it, just found this out. So that's a big feature that can't be benefited from here.
I would say visual compromise etc never anywhere near 2d, but I still only fly in vr, I just think it’s so badly written and archaic that it will never be as good as it should be.
I don’t think 2024 will be any better either.

Associate
The A380 went into service in 2007 and we still have never had a study level version for any sim, never mind MSFS. For this, and A350, I think it comes down to complexity and probably more importantly availability of documents. B744 is PMDGs domain and they have choosen to bring the 737 and then 777 first, so thats why we haven't seen one yet, and other developers seem to avoid these boeings for that reason.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I should add, the PMDG FS2020 747 might be some way off, but was reading their roadmap and projections regarding the surprise release of P3D v 6 that they don't intend to support any time soon if at all and they say 777 is next and then 747 Queen of the Skies.

This all might stretch into FS2024 of course, we live in dynamic times it seems in Flight Simulator.

Soldato
Is anyone using a 7900XT/XTX card with MSFS in VR please?

Desperately trying to find out if performance is decent, now that the drivers have been updated and the issue supposedly fixed.

Im searching/asking in multiple places and getting nothing.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Looks like A2A's Comanche is going to release very soon now, apparently and with their new and updated Accusim module that works outside of FS2020's clunky flight modeling this will be nirvana for GA aviators such as myself.

It really looks like it will be very special indeed and has been in pre-production for a long time and Beta testing for well over 6 months now and is based on the A2A company's own Comanche real Aircraft to an unprecedented degree of realism not seen before in a desktop PC Flight Simulator.

Soldato
Anyone use the A10 hotas?

I just bought one off eBay, said berely used....
But the EAC button I've flicked to on, but its stuck there.

Watching a video on DCS, someone was flicking up it, but it auto flicked back and seemed like it locked in when you had the aircraft settings right.

But then watching some reviews, they are just flicking it on and off as they wish.

Back
Top Bottom