Official Spider-Man 2 (PS5) Thread - 30fps, 40fps, 60fps, 120fps! (*Spoilers Inside*)

Caporegime
OP
First game I’ve preordered for a while. Loved the first as well as MM so more of the same will be perfect for me.
After getting tha Ps5 in January I've been living off the games that you get with the plus subscription, as I missed so many classics for th first few years when I had only Xbox.

First game I've bought on ps store for ps5. I won't lie, it hurt paying £69.99 I got the prepaid cards to make it 62 quid but that still hurts....!

rp2000

Caporegime
After getting tha Ps5 in January I've been living off the games that you get with the plus subscription, as I missed so many classics for th first few years when I had only Xbox.

First game I've bought on ps store for ps5. I won't lie, it hurt paying £69.99 I got the prepaid cards to make it 62 quid but that still hurts....!

rp2000
I got it for £60 from Curry’s with a code but I’ll play it then sell it immediately once I’ve finished it. Should recoup most of the cost to put in to another game.

Caporegime
OP
Quick thoughts:

The video I embedded a few posts can be played at the beginning of the game, if you need a reminder or didn't play the 1st 2 games.
The whole intro cut scenes/story/QTE etc takes about 1 hour.
It feels like you are swinging faster than in the 1st 2 games.
Flying is awesome and even faster than web slinging around

As soon as I could take control I took the obligatory shot from Avengers tower:

NoQoEVw.jpg

Same place from Spider-Man Remastered:
5I0f6BN.jpg

And from Miles Morales:
cw00hEH.jpg

rp2000

Last edited:
Associate
Played a little bit this morning and swapped between the different modes, the 40fps mode (if you've got a TV or monitor that supports 120hz) is brilliant!

I'm genuinely so surprised at how much smoother it feels compared to 30fps. Still tempted to play at 60fps regardless but so far, in the early part of the game at least, the 40fps mode seems to be my preference.

Soldato
Played a little bit this morning and swapped between the different modes, the 40fps mode (if you've got a TV or monitor that supports 120hz) is brilliant!

I'm genuinely so surprised at how much smoother it feels compared to 30fps. Still tempted to play at 60fps regardless but so far, in the early part of the game at least, the 40fps mode seems to be my preference.

Once it’s downloaded, I’m going to try that mode first, with VRR uncapped it averages at around 45fps.

Back
Top Bottom