Official Spider-Man 2 (PS5) Thread - 30fps, 40fps, 60fps, 120fps! (*Spoilers Inside*)

Soldato
I loved the first spider-man and then miles morales! It’s rare I actually complete a game but I did complete both of these. Just went onto ps5 store to buy the new one….£70? Wtf….didn’t get it in the end :(
The prices of some these games are so expensive now.

Got my copy for £57, completed it in 3 days and sold it to CEX for £47. Good value for 3 days entertainment.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Got a new Samsung oled TV. 120hz, VRR etc.

I'm struggling to figure out the options to play at 40fps.

Can someone tell me the visual settings or post a picture of theirs?

rp2000

Soldato
Got a new Samsung oled TV. 120hz, VRR etc.

I'm struggling to figure out the options to play at 40fps.

Can someone tell me the visual settings or post a picture of theirs?

rp2000

From what I remember, there isn’t an actual mode labelled 40fps, you just need to have that 120hz mode set to auto, along with fidelity mode with VRR, I used the smoothed setting as well.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
From what I remember, there isn’t an actual mode labelled 40fps, you just need to have that 120hz mode set to auto, along with fidelity mode with VRR, I used the smoothed setting as well.
Thanks. I did that but the FPs in the Samsung game mode shows well over 40fps. More than double in fact.

Is it something simple like it's showing me double FPS due to 120hz mode? Same with the 30fps fixed mode. The Samsung software shows 60 but I know it's 30 from the gameplay!

rp2000

Soldato
Thanks. I did that but the FPs in the Samsung game mode shows well over 40fps. More than double in fact.

Is it something simple like it's showing me double FPS due to 120hz mode? Same with the 30fps fixed mode. The Samsung software shows 60 but I know it's 30 from the gameplay!

rp2000

If you use 40fps VRR mode unlocked, as I assume that's what's happening in your case, the framerate will go above 40fps depending on the scenario and your screen will sync the refresh rate to it. Try to move around with the fps counter and see if it fluctuates.

With a locked 40fps mode, a TV's fps counter might just show constant 120fps, haven't checked fps stuff in a while so not sure but it makes sense.

Last edited:
Soldato

rp2000

I have LG CX and mine fluctuates around 120 according to my lg cx info panel, its all quiet confusing really. never fully understood it all myself. Rest assured as long as you are in fidelity, unlocked or smoothed VRR and 120hz auto checked you are good.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been entirely swallowed up by this over the past few weeks, I was expecting to breeze through the main campaign and dip into the odd side quest but it's exquisitely tapped into the very worst of my completionist tendancies. I think I'm at least ten hours in and only about a third of the way through the campaign.
None of it has felt like a grind though, not even the travel (which is what tends to make me hate open world games).
We're 3 years into the PS5 cycle, and I'm slightly concerned it's peaked with this already. Hard to see how Sony can top it tbh.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Played a couple of hours so far.

In the existing game save changing the time of day is the main new addition. 6 different times. Night mode is best, obviously.

You can replay the missions in your existing save but as I'm doing the NG+ I will get to do the missions again anyway.

Played an hour of NG+, pretty easy with the upgrades from th 1st play through. I want to unlock the extra suits mainly.

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom