Oh lordy what I have I just done!

Permabanned
OP
Well after another day of zero contact, I decided to start looking at what to do next. As said on here, its too early to open a dispute which is fine. What I was able to get though was the contact information of the seller. I got a mobile number and when ringing it, some bloke answered who had no idea who the seller was and that I have the wrong number.

Since I can't actually do anything I guess i'll wait another few days. :)

Ah well - guess ill end up buying the 32gb wifi+3g :p

Soldato
You can open a dispute. Open it from within paypal.

Escalate it straight away. The paypal will contact the seller to provide proof of postage. When the seller fails, you get money back. Will take a couple of weeks.

Associate
I really hope it all works out well for you in the end. I'm glad your not getting flamed for this topic!

I have seen this sort of topic on other forums and everyone says how idiotic and stupid the OP is but if you think about it, if it did turn out to be legit then the OP would get a decent bargain and if not then a dispute can be opened and the whole thing sorted so in the end there should be no loss to the OP except some hassle in sorting out the situation!

Permabanned
if i was you i would get a claim in ASAP.

if the seller transferd the money out you wont see it as paypal cant take money from a ) balance account.

Well they can but they wont give it to you :p

Im a high volume seller on ebay and i post all my items by normal stamped post, cus of this is get many arse wipes thinking they can simply get there money back from paypal saying there item never arrived and they will ALLWAYS refund the buyer....
But when my account is 0 they cant.

Permabanned
OP
No need :)

Just got a refund back. Checked his account on eBay and there is someone who recently won a vacuum cleaner on there who has also had the same experience as me. He/she left neg feedback, as I have done.

Dunno what its all about. Maybe trying to scam some money not realising Paypal would never just release the funds?

Anyway - money is back with me now - so guess I will have to buy at full price :p

Soldato
if i was you i would get a claim in ASAP.

if the seller transferd the money out you wont see it as paypal cant take money from a ) balance account.

Well they can but they wont give it to you :p

Im a high volume seller on ebay and i post all my items by normal stamped post, cus of this is get many arse wipes thinking they can simply get there money back from paypal saying there item never arrived and they will ALLWAYS refund the buyer....
But when my account is 0 they cant.

Your account goes into a negative balance and PayPal send out the debt collection agencies. So I doubt your story.

Caporegime
No need :)

Just got a refund back. Checked his account on eBay and there is someone who recently won a vacuum cleaner on there who has also had the same experience as me. He/she left neg feedback, as I have done.

Dunno what its all about. Maybe trying to scam some money not realising Paypal would never just release the funds?

Anyway - money is back with me now - so guess I will have to buy at full price :p

glad you managed to get it all back :)

Soldato
Glad to hear it! What happend with me is a guys account (someone with like 380 feedback) had his account hacked, paypal included and the address and cc details changed...took over 4 weeks but I got my money back.

BURN ALL SCAMMERS WITH ACID!!!!!! :mad:

:p

Permabanned
OP
Well today I took delivery of the 32gb wifi only iPad. Typing on it now. Very easy to type on! Paid 489.00 on eBay. Second hand, bought in USA but the listing says only ever used four times, and it shows! Not a mark on it.

Gonna get one of them 3 Mi-Fi thingies for access to the Internet out and about.

I recommend an iPad to anyone considering.

Permabanned
OP
Yeah it creates a wireless network and connects to a 3G network. Not sure why the Three network signal is going to be like around my area. Luckily it seems simple enough to make it so I could slap an O2 or Orange SIM in there.

On a note on using this. It's a dream. It's just a whole new way of using a computer. The flash thing may be an issue at some point, but so far its not too bad. I thunk eventually the iPad is going to be such a big thing that most people will offer HTML5 versions along side their flash versions.

So yes. So far 10/10 from me :)

Back
Top Bottom