Ori and the Blind Forest (stunning 2d game) coming early 2015)

Man of Honour
This game would look so good in native ultra-wide aspect ratio. Why would they neglect such a resolution on such a glorious looking game? Are they a bit dead in the eyeballs?

I've decided that I will no longer pay money for a game that doesn't have either native ultra-wide support or user modded support through changing a config file.

Soldato
OP
This game would look so good in native ultra-wide aspect ratio. Why would they neglect such a resolution on such a glorious looking game? Are they a bit dead in the eyeballs?

I've decided that I will no longer pay money for a game that doesn't have either native ultra-wide support or user modded support through changing a config file.
I posted in the Steam thread where the dev was trying to justify his decision (he even owns an LG 21:9 :rolleyes:) it makes no sense the dev talks about having to create more art for the game but its a scrolling 2D game the art is already there just remove the artificial 16:9 constraint surely how hard can that be if a talented modder can do it in a few minutes :rolleyes:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/261570/discussions/0/617329150708892801/

Last edited:
Soldato
Just started playing this and it's a beautifully crafted game along and the background music is gorgeous.

Worth £15 of anyone's money and hopefully people buy it so we see more like this at this price range.

Only issue i'm having though and not sure if it's my pad or the game, LT and RT don't work on the 360 pad but all the others do.

Soldato

Having extra sight of the sides of the screen in a 2d scrolling platformer would surely change something of the mechanics of the game? I should also imagine it takes extra work to fill the art assets for certain parts - boss fights are usually within a set "arena" and often one static screen - there would be little to see.

I've not played this yet, but can't think of many of my recent platform games where a wider aspect wouldn't change the game a bit (Trine, Mark of the Ninja, Volgarr, Limbo.... they'd all be affected in gameplay terms)

Caporegime
This game is pretty damned good for a 2D platformer. I have been pretty addicted to it and will do a full review at some point.

Just uploaded, so will need a bit of time to go to 1080P 60fps :)

Soldato
recently got into some platform games on the pc (a chilled break from the FPS and Racing games i normally play)

this was one of the games i bought along with the Trine series.

ive only played around 30 mins or so of this so far but its good, it looks gorgeous too.

Soldato
Bought it on release but not played it for a while.

Supposedly very hard towards the end. It is stunning and up there with Trine and Rayman, other games I'd recommend.

So many fantastic games about when you break away from the usual fps stuff.

Soldato
OP
21:9 was fixed a few weeks ago as well not by the dev even though he owns a LG 21:9 he stated on the Steam forums 21:9 was not ever possible yet the modders made one a few days later & the game looks the same ;) so full credit to the 21:9 modders & no credit to the dev who is also the game designer & owns the studio behind the game :rolleyes: (he obviously cba to make it 21:9 native).

When this is 75% off I will buy as no native 21:9 support so any Steam patch (which are now mandatory will disable 21:9 again as it alters the game exe).

Soldato
sat down for a quick 20 minute blast last night and 2 hours later im sat thinking "i should really go to bed now"

i guess its hard to explain where i actually am in this game but im 2 hours on from the bit where you need to go in the water to do stuff.

Back
Top Bottom