**** Original Starcraft 2 Thread ****

Soldato
depends what you want for it.. nto sure how much their going for atm, can't check at work!

I'll pay real money though, not wow gold... unless you want wow gold, if thats the case i can do that as well :)

Associate
how much are they actually worth getting offers of like 20k wow gold atm from some of my guild members

A guy is selling them right now on eBay for £225 each, and he's sold 20 so far. On a couple of other forums I frequent that are mostly posted on by Americans, they're being sold for $200-$300 or thereabouts.

e: if you aren't familiar with Starcraft, you might not quite be aware of exactly how rabid the fanbase is. People want these keys pretty bad.

Permabanned
wow people actually paying for a key? come on starcraft was amazing but starcraft 2 looks pathetic compared to modern rts in terms of both gameplay and graphics.

Soldato
how is it even possible to buy a key? its tied to the battle.net account that signed up for the beta. Unless you sell the whole battle.net account then theres no way to trade SC2 beta access. And if an authenticator is attached to that battle.net account then trading would be very difficult.

Associate
People who went to blizzcon 08 got a scratch card with a beta code. Some of those are being sold because they won't be linked to a battlenet account.

Like you said general invites that people have gotten by the opt-in system would have to turn over their battlenet account. Not very likely, you'd certainly be taking a risk offering up any money for one.

Whilst i would love to be in the beta, I realise I'm not missing out on that much at this early stage, will be balancing changes and the vast majority of people playing will be cheesing and rushing most games to get that oh so precious (not) win rate and ladder position ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
People who went to blizzcon 08 got a scratch card with a beta code. Some of those are being sold because they won't be linked to a battlenet account.

Like you said general invites that people have gotten by the opt-in system would have to turn over their battlenet account. Not very likely, you'd certainly be taking a risk offering up any money for one.

Whilst i would love to be in the beta, I realise I'm not missing out on that much at this early stage, will be balancing changes and the vast majority of people playing will be cheesing and rushing most games to get that oh so precious (not) win rate and ladder position ;)

cheesing good players isnt possible ^^

C64

C64

Soldato
I don't understand the fuss over this game the gameplay looks so dated and flat and generic and undynamic.
Compared to company of heroes at least.Can anyone enlighten me ? watched for a while and all I have seen is like c&c resource spam at the start then spam some units send to point A and B rinse and repeat.

Soldato
I don't understand the fuss over this game the gameplay looks so dated and flat and generic and undynamic.
Compared to company of heroes at least.Can anyone enlighten me ? watched for a while and all I have seen is like c&c resource spam at the start then spam some units send to point A and B rinse and repeat.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18115943

It's one of the most balanced RTS's around with 3 diverse 'sides' as well as really good game play.
It also caters for the various 'styles' of RTS player,
For normal people not those crazy koreans;
If you are good at micro management, you can play terran
If you like to build mass armies, you can play zerg
If you want to play the tech game, you can play protoss

The fact the different styles of players can be matches up in a single game where they can use their particular strengths makes it entertaining to watch on a competitive level

Personally i don't find cnc hard at all, they tried to make it a bit better in Tiberium wars by copping out and giving the computer a significant resource advantage but that just accented the issues with that game for me, the person who builds the most essentially wins, everything else was pretty non consequential.
Admittedly i only played the online portion for a short period before getting bored a couple of months after it was released so i can't really say i have extensive knowledge on the online side

but trying to take out a few computers on hard without a wall in on SC is a different ballgame altogether

quoted from that thread... theres mroe too but its just fact. best RTS ever made :)

Associate
how is it even possible to buy a key? its tied to the battle.net account that signed up for the beta.

No it isn't, apparently.

general invites that people have gotten by the opt-in system would have to turn over their battlenet account.

Lots of opt-ins are reporting that they also have been emailed a key which can be redeemed by anyone with a bnet account, so it seems if you're in the beta, by whatever method, you will probably have a potentially saleable key, no bnet account reselling required.

I don't understand the fuss over this game the gameplay looks so dated and flat and generic and undynamic. [...] Can anyone enlighten me ?

Regardless of how you might feel about what you've seen of SC2, the fact remains it is the very (very) long-awaited sequel to what is widely considered the greatest RTS of all time, not to mention one of the best selling PC games ever. It should be fairly obvious why it has generated so much interest.

C64

C64

Soldato
Regardless of how you might feel about what you've seen of SC2, the fact remains it is the very (very) long-awaited sequel to what is widely considered the greatest RTS of all time, not to mention one of the best selling PC games ever. It should be fairly obvious why it has generated so much interest.

starcraft 1 was a long long time ago things have moved on

Back
Top Bottom