** OUR FIRST 8 PACK APPROVED OC BUNDLE: OVERCLOCKED, DISCOUNTED, ELITE TIER VERY FAST!! **

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there.

Bought this bundle and am very pleased with it. Overclocked to 4.5GHz (Vcore 1.32V) following the above instructions, temps fine at 58-61degC/core whilst stress testing.

Can't seem to get it to go higher than 4.5GHz though. Tried Vcore at 1.37V and 1.4V. Still running bang on 4.5GHz under load.

As an overclocking noob, I must be missing something. Is it a matter of setting it up per the above instructions and then gently increasing Vcore or is there more to it?

Cheers
Jamie

Increase multiplier by one step, should be 4.60GHz. :)

Associate
Hi, what's in the missing image of the overclocking instructions? The overclock fails without it. (Perhaps don't use an image host as crap as ImageShack? They like to arbitrarily remove images on a whim)

Associate
"Your stunned silence is very reassuring."

By the by, how loud should the watercooler be? It seems noisier than I would expect (almost sounds like an unbalanced fan). I've tried switching on with no fans, and the noise is certainly from the watercooler. Perhaps should I remount the CPU part or something? (I tried remounting the rad, to no avail)

Associate
I'm only joking, don't worry! I just wanted an excuse to quote Monsters Inc. :p

Thanks very much for reupping it, I'll set all that up later today. The noise from the cooler is intermittent, so iunno. I swear it's louder than when it first was set up though.

Associate
So uh, yeah, this doesn't work for me. I attempt to boot first time and it doesn't POST, then second time it goes to the BIOS "Overclocking failed" screen.

Have I screwed up something along the way? I've triple checked against the instruction images.

OcUK Staff
So uh, yeah, this doesn't work for me. I attempt to boot first time and it doesn't POST, then second time it goes to the BIOS "Overclocking failed" screen.

Have I screwed up something along the way? I've triple checked against the instruction images.

^^^ I dont know if you screwed up!! lol

Ok reset Bios. Post the machine.

Follow the settings.

Then if you have issue let me know where the LED post code reader stops or pauses before shut down and OC fail.

Associate
Stability tests ran fine, but this morning the PC didn't post again. LED screen says "55".

It'll sit in this state till I switch it off, then on next boot it'll say "Overclocking failed!". If I switch off and try again, it'll boot OK. (Next boot it'll sit there and not post though) This behavior has been pretty consistent this morning.

EDIT: it /was/ consistent until just now, where it didn't boot after the OC failed one. I'll reset it all for now.

Last edited:
Associate
I reseated the CPU (didn't notice any bent pins) and the cooler (turns out I may have mounted the back part at the wrong orientation - not having installed a watercooler before and it not having instructions didn't help), also switched the RAM to channel A as for some reason I'd put it in B. Cooler screws are only finger tight, but taking it off gave me an excuse to apply the proper grizzly thermal paste rather than the stuff that comes on the cooler.

Set up the overclock again, and things seem to be working. I've not had any failed boots yet, and I'll run stability tests in a moment to make sure everything is dandy. Thanks very much!

Back
Top Bottom