PCI express errors/crashes kernel erro41

Soldato
I'm puzzled as what else you could do, i would do a full strip down and rebuild and check everything, the board you have is very much geared to overclocking, if you dont really dabble in that its a waste tbh, you mention about your old ram having issues and having swapped them out it worked but like the old ram has the same issue returned? if so i would change your motherboard.

it does remind me of my extreme x670e, had loads of issues, stock or oc'd nothing i did would fix it until i changed to a hero x670e, when i did everything suddenly worked without issue, 4090 i did have would never work, games would freeze, black screen and ctd, switched to a 7900xtx and the same things were happning on my old board

all i can say is that pc's are not this difficult, 95% of the time you just build and away you go and be in aw of the performance.

Associate
OP
I'm puzzled as what else you could do, i would do a full strip down and rebuild and check everything, the board you have is very much geared to overclocking, if you dont really dabble in that its a waste tbh, you mention about your old ram having issues and having swapped them out it worked but like the old ram has the same issue returned? if so i would change your motherboard.

it does remind me of my extreme x670e, had loads of issues, stock or oc'd nothing i did would fix it until i changed to a hero x670e, when i did everything suddenly worked without issue, 4090 i did have would never work, games would freeze, black screen and ctd, switched to a 7900xtx and the same things were happning on my old board

all i can say is that pc's are not this difficult, 95% of the time you just build and away you go and be in aw of the performance.
Yer I get what you mean buddy. I basically only upgraded my board to cater for the 7200mhz ram that I had I can’t see it being the gpu, in my mind it’s either got to be cpu board or psu I’m thinking in all honesty

Associate
OP
Yer I get what you mean buddy. I basically only upgraded my board to cater for the 7200mhz ram that I had I can’t see it being the gpu, in my mind it’s either got to be cpu board or psu I’m thinking in all honesty
Forgot to mention also buddy the ram issue never returned getting the different ram fixed that issue

Soldato
PSU will only be a problem if you unlock the CPU power limits coupled with the 4090 you could be close to 1000w under full load just for CPU and gpu, your problem is when your at idle, in my mind the PSU should be ok.

It all comes down to silicone quality with CPUs, not many will be able to run super fast ddr5 speeds, even then you have to tweak a fair few bios settings with voltages to run 7000mhz+ ddr5.

If ram isn't 100% stable it will cause all kinds of errors and problems, have you checked if your kit is on the qvl of approved kits to work?

Stability on am4/am5 when they released was horrendous with ram only after bios updates did it get better but you would have some bugs still even now.

Problem you have is because it's such a high end build it's going to cost a fair bit to diagnose.

Associate
OP
PSU will only be a problem if you unlock the CPU power limits coupled with the 4090 you could be close to 1000w under full load just for CPU and gpu, your problem is when your at idle, in my mind the PSU should be ok.

It all comes down to silicone quality with CPUs, not many will be able to run super fast ddr5 speeds, even then you have to tweak a fair few bios settings with voltages to run 7000mhz+ ddr5.

If ram isn't 100% stable it will cause all kinds of errors and problems, have you checked if your kit is on the qvl of approved kits to work?

Stability on am4/am5 when they released was horrendous with ram only after bios updates did it get better but you would have some bugs still even now.

Problem you have is because it's such a high end build it's going to cost a fair bit to diagnose.
I’ve tried it with xmp disabled buddy and it still done it tbh. Yes the new ram I using is on the qvl also I’ve also checked the power rails on hardware monitor and they seem to be in tolerance can I upload a picture for you to have a look?

Associate
I’ve tried it with xmp disabled buddy and it still done it tbh. Yes the new ram I using is on the qvl also I’ve also checked the power rails on hardware monitor and they seem to be in tolerance can I upload a picture for you to have a look?
read an article recently about this, saying was an intel problem and effect 13900k's also. From what I can see is it's a power issue

diff article but worth a read

also came across below

,...can't find the article but googled and came across this...it ramble a bit so just putting relevant bit in(he's running a 14900k, msi pro z790-a max wifi and 4090FE for comparison), and was having instability and crashes.....

I have just been lent another CPU, it's an i7-12700F socket LGA1700, after several continuous tests on OCCT and especially hyperthreading activated, no BSOD or app crashes... it works perfectly, so by deduction my problem does not come from the Main board!

By some miracle I came across the INTEL solution on this forum:

1. Solution A:
1. In BIOS, select "OC", select "CPU Core Voltage Mode", select "Offset Mode", select "+(By PWM)", and adjust the voltage until the system is stable, we recommend not exceeding 0.025V for a single increase. If the problem persists, you can move on to solution B.

2. Solution B:
1. In BIOS, select "OC", select "DigitALL Power", modify "CPU Loadline Calibration Control" and recommend starting from "Mode 7" at a lower value until the system is stable.

Solution A: for me, the system boot is blocked, Windows cannot start, I find my bios after restarting the system. I think I must not enter the correct value "0.025", the adjustment of the value: it is not clear to me.

Solution B: works wonderfully for me!!!!!!!!!! the computer is finally stable with all my applications, even the heaviest ones like Cinebench, in fact I saw for the first time my CPU consumption go above 300W under OCCT… is this normal…?!

Soldato
you could try switching to the secondary bios, the board you have contains 2 bios's that can be accessed via the bios button on the board, just make sure to power down before you press it, refer to the manual so you press the right button.

i only say that as the update you have done may not have worked 100%, rare but can happen.

Associate
OP
Yes il also try that wookie thanks buddy for the help it was running great for about four weeks after changing the ram then one day using it and black screen issue started then very strange

Back
Top Bottom