Pics of my new car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I can't be a clone of Fox, if I was Fox I'd curl up and die if I had to drive around in an 11 yr old Fiesta. I'd be wafting around in a BMW listening to Mozart whilst eating caviar.

with respect, he has a point. ive also noticed a lot lately just how similar your 'opinions' are with the man himself, its like you studied a book on him or something and desperately trying to be him :p

Soldato
A friend of mine bought a MG ZT from carcraft last year on some silly finance deal (something like 8.5k for a 5k car over 5 years) because he had bad credit, hated buying old bangers and wanted a new car. Over a year later he's still paying for it, still happy with it and isn't bothered by the loan.

Maybe James will be the same? I doubt it but its possible

Soldato
OP
Do you not see the problem here? Your dad has effectively wrecked your credit limit for a long time to come without your knowledge/consent. I would be absolutely livid :eek:

I was, but what could i do?

I cant report him because of my sister.. It wont fix my credit and itll wreck my sister whos only 15.

He lives in Devon so i dont need to talk to him.

Soldato
A friend of mine bought a MG ZT from carcraft last year on some silly finance deal (something like 8.5k for a 5k car over 5 years) because he had bad credit, hated buying old bangers and wanted a new car. Over a year later he's still paying for it, still happy with it and isn't bothered by the loan.

1 year on..but ask him in another 3 years...

Soldato
OP

A year yes, 2 years yes, 3 yes yes, any longer i might start to get annoyed but ill be able to trade it in if i do.. Infact i cant ever see myself getting annoyed as its only money.. The only time i might is when i start paying for other things? Which i cant see happening for a while. & its only £150 out of what i earn. £40 a week..

As of now i cant see me having a problem, i see what everyones saying, i totally understand but im like the guy you know, ill be happy as ill be adding little bits to it and going out more in it and going to meets and things as ill actually have a car showing off to someone, i wouldnt show the punto to friends nevermind anyone else.

Caporegime
Haha not a chance :p

I am just exceedingly outspoken for someone driving around in a Fiesta :p I just get annoyed when I see people throw bucketloads of money down the drain and then try and justify it. I have tried to give James advice on many many occasions but it doesn't seem to sink in.

Soldato
OP
Haha not a chance :p

I am just exceedingly outspoken for someone driving around in a Fiesta :p I just get annoyed when I see people throw bucketloads of money down the drain and then try and justify it. I have tried to give James advice on many many occasions but it doesn't seem to sink in.

I did on the "doing up the punto" thread :p haha :D

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Who on earth will you show a clio off too? :S

Nobody really cares that much about what you drive when you are young, unless it's something that makes you look rich, and thus attractive to a certain type of woman :p

I get more comments about the mini from old people than I do from those my age :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
I could perhaps maybe slightly understand this purchase if it was for your dream car which made girls moist and your mates go wow but in reality you've crippled yourself financially for a budget runaround for girls and new drivers.

Man of Honour
A year yes, 2 years yes, 3 yes yes, any longer i might start to get annoyed but ill be able to trade it in if i do..

You don't seem to understand how this works do you. If you trade it in the loan wont go away because you are in whats called negative equity and you will be for the entire duration of your loan pretty much (The car will be a 9 year old Clio by the time you finish paying for it with negliable value). This means if you trade it in the loan wont go away because the car is worth a lot less than the amount you owe. You can't make the loan go away without paying it ALL off.

And i bet the interest is front loaded as well.

Infact i cant ever see myself getting annoyed as its only money..

This is the sort of attitude that gets people dangerously into debt. You have little care for what you are doing, if you continue down this route you will one day end up in massive amounts of debt.

ill actually have a car showing off to someone, i wouldnt show the punto to friends nevermind anyone else.

You seem confused, you do realise you've bought an absolutely bottom of the range Clio right? It's not a 172 or a Clio Sport or even a 1.4 Dynamique? It's the same sort of car as your Punto but with a newer number on the plate and in better condition.

Man of Honour
with respect, he has a point. ive also noticed a lot lately just how similar your 'opinions' are with the man himself, its like you studied a book on him or something and desperately trying to be him :p

Comedy thread is now worrying. I think I'm going to have to skip the country :eek:

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Tbh I'd be absolutely releaved if someone crashed into me and wrote the car off in your situation, as you have GAP etc.

Associate
lulz@this thread.

Makes me feel like a genius for paying £500 for my awesome mondeo.

James... that's £500. For a car. A big car. With remote locking, air con and alloys! £500! That's 6.9% of what you've paid for yours! Hell, it's less than you'll end up paying for your iPhone! Much less!

TAKE IT BACK! TAKE IT BACK NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom