Pics of my new car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
My new 2005 plate Renault Clio 1.2 Expression (75) 16V :D

Picked her up on Saturday, Auto windows, Auto wing mirrors, Radio steering wheel stalk, ABS, Power Steering, Sunroof, Driver and passenger airbags, Central locking, Key fob to open and lock, alarm, immobiliser, CD player etc etc

Lots of mod cons :D Although most of them wont impress some of you, i had a 96 fiat punto that was dying before i got this so to me this is like brand new!

So happy :D

Anyway, heres the pics!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
a lot! Lol :) I dont wana say because people start descussions about it and its only money and i dont want people saying things about it :)

I want to keep it all about how nice my new car is!! :D a lot of people have said alloys, tints and a new radio.. Im not sure about the tints yet, and i dunno about a radio as i like the way the car looks nice inside :D

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;14265050 said:
Sounds like you've been absolutely ripped off, no wonder you don't want to talk about it.

Carcraft offer desperate people expensive finance then find a car to go with it. You are probably paying, over the duration of your agreement, many times more than the value of the car.

The interest is high, but it obviously would be, but this will last 2-3 years im thinking, then ill peobably do a part ex for a newer car, but at the moment, im paying nothing out, im 19 and im driving a nice car! Thats all im bothered about, i dont think about money.. I think about happiness and this does the job!

Im paying a lot but im on the credit ladder now finally after a huge struggle because of fraudsters!

Im happy!

Soldato
OP
About £145-170 a month for 60 months by the looks of it.

Close enough

2-3 years? :/

Yes? Parts and labour for 2 years.. if anything starts to play up after that then id get rid before any huge expense.

If it's "only money" then kudos to you, you must be awfully wealthy :).

Meh, im on a nice wage, so i dont mind paying out, if i strggled with money then i wouldnt have but id like to think i can hangle this comfortably.

You only live once, id rather get what i want then suffer, im just gonna be paying out for it for 5 years which is only the downfall but atleast ive got a car! No problems with transport now hopeflly! My Punto was on its way out.

Soldato
OP
wait, you just spent NINE thousand pounds on a clio?

(150x60)

Not yet..

[TW]Fox;14265126 said:
No you wont - you are in massive negative equity, the car is worth considerably less than you owe on it, so you cant get rid of the car without being left with a huge loan and no car?

Good way to put a downer on things but ive thought about it, i know how much im paying, i know much much less i could have got it, but then how much harder would it have been to get it.

I wont be getting any more finance theres no reason to and the only reason i would is for a car or a house..

Meh its expensive and its not the best Clio around but its what i want and im happy, i thought about it before i signed the paper work, i thought about how long my apoprenticeship is, how long itll be before i decide to more out etc etc n thought "why not"..

I work loads and i feel like i get nothing from it, 2 jobs and an apprenticeship, a full day at col (9 til 7) and i just wanted to work towards something and here it is :D

Now enough about that as i just want to focus on my car :D

Soldato
OP
To those in the know... what are the early repayment penalties on these type of finance deals?

If he's intending to save and pay it off sooner than the full term, assuming the penalty isn't too severe, it might not be quite as daft as it first appears ;).

Wont cost a penny extra

[TW]Fox;14265171 said:
We cant really focus on your car because quite frankly, its rubbish. I mean look at it, its a bottom of the range Clio with no kit and crappy wheel trims. I'm not normally one to rain on people with crud cars because hey not everyone can afford a decent car but you've just spend nearly ten thousand quid on a 2005 Clio so frankly whats the point in putting sugar coating on it?

This is a candidate for the biggest EPIC FAIL of 2009. Infact you can tell its a huge amount of FAIL because nobody has come in here to flame me for being nasty yet and that normally happens within 10 minutes of me not being complimentry about somebodies finance deal. Heck even Gajin isnt telling me to pipe down.

Seriously, what on earth are you thinking!? What part of your brain told you this was a good idea?

Cheers is all i can say to that, i know what im doing now back off :S If you saw that, and saw the punto, its a lot better, its got 28k on the clock, full service FULL, i have MOT for life, i get 4 free services and free parts and labour for for 2 years, its not EPIC FAIL of 2009, i struggle to get finance, and i needed a nice car, a newish car, i needed it fast because i need a car to get to work, i needed ont that provided cheep insurance and they offered 6 different types of finance but because my credit is crap i could only get this one, and even then i only got it because the women queried why blackhorse refused me.

I would not have got finance anywhere else, especially not a big dealer or little trader.

If anything fox, you fail, you fail full stop, you cant go round talking to people and slating there things like that, its not polite if anything, if you dont agree with what i did then yeah, thats your opinion, an opinion, now leave the thread if you dont want to agree with me and others when saying its a nice car, bar the finance the cost was good and the car IS nice, its not a BMW.. its a Renault..

Soldato
OP
as pointed out above, you can get a BRAND NEW clio for less.

But companies like that want money as a deposit, they want Excellent credit whilst ive pushed and pushed for the rating i have, i NEED a car to get me to work and to have a life as where i live is pretty much out in the open with busses running til 10pm and i finish work on a evening at that time so going to town wouldnt be an option without a car..

He's not being robbed, he's paying for a service. Carcraft are enabling him to have the car he wants (and thinks will make him happy) right now instead of saving or improving his credit rating so he can get lower cost finance.

So long as James07 is sure he knows what he's doing then fair play :), I just hope he doesn't regret it in 12 months time when he's stuck with a car he doesn't want once the novelty and "nice car" congratulations have subsided.

Exactly..

Can we get off the subject of money?

Soldato
OP
If you are in your cooling off period PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go back and cancel the agreement. I seriously cannot believe after reading this thread that you think this is a good idea. You will REALLY regret this in a few months. I mean you've paid more than what you can buy a new one for and this one doesn't even have alloy wheels, you've spend 10k on a car and you have to go out and buy alloy wheels. Seriously cancel this agreement as you've basically chained yourself to this car for 5 years!

****ing hell!

7k over 4 years, its not as bad as everyones making out, im paying almost double what its worth, OVER 48 MONTHS!

& i wont regret it at all, im not like most people, i dont miss school one bit, i dont need the biggest fastest cars, i dont need all the money in the world, i dont need all the newest stuff out and the most expensive gaming computers..

I look at what i want, i go get it, im happy with it, i wont get it if im not happy with it, its the first car ive got on finance, everyone whos seen it has said its nice, a lot have said its expensive but no ones gone as mental as most of the people on this thread.

& i dont have a cooling off period with them, they explained everything, they explained that i wont get what i paid for it if i bring it back, they explained all the details behind the finance, they showed me whats right with the car n theres nothing mechanically wrong, the body is A+ cond.. theres not a thing wrong with it and its been fully serviced.

Im paying a lot for it but i can justify it, i got a car that i needed and i got to get it when i needed it, where as i couldnt wait until december for a car (punto will have been owned a year then) and i can pay off a certain amount every so often to bring payments down IF i want to..

Next time, ill be able to get finance elsewhere as ill have a better rating, elsewhere will be maybe a main dealer with 0% APR etc, its like anything, its a way onto the ladder to work upto..

Soldato
OP
Since your young, how much did fully comp insurance cost for this car? Did you get GAP insurance just incase you crashed it?

I could have saved but i dont get enough to save 3k in 3 months..

GAP ins included and fully comp is 2400

Punto at third party was 2100 which is one of the reasons why i just got a new car..

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;14265467 said:
Just WHAT do you want us to say about it? It's a nice colour?

That its a nice car and that they hope im happy with my decision, if thats what they think, if not then i dont want anyone to comment.. :s Why would you? Why would i want anyone to go through what you just have..

The financial side of this is something i didnt want to get into because i didnt want everyone to know about my financial situation, that isnt why i posted the car, i wanted judgement on the car, THAT IS ALL.

Soldato
OP
Why didn't you want to get into it? Is it perhaps because you know full well that it's a shocking deal, and you didn't want the inevitable grilling that you've rightfully received?

No one is being rude or offensive, we're simply trying to educate you

People try to educate me bt i dont listen, if i regret it then i wont do it again, but at this moment in time i need a car, im not paying out for anything other than my phone, i struggle with credit but i was agreed credit on this so i said yes, after thinking about it..

I didnt want to get into it because i dont discuss my finances with anyone, its there mine.. I find them personal? The deal is harsh, but i thought i earnt enough, i thought i need a car, i thought why not. End of.

Soldato
OP
James can i ask who you got insured with? How long you've been driving? Accidents in the past?

I insured my punto as a first time driver, cancelled because i didnt want to pay 2100 for a car thats dying with problems, i didnt want to pay 250 excess and the first £200 of damages on top before the insurance company takes months to dig deep :) Couldnt justify (that words may come back to bite me) the insurance..

Im insuring this, telling them about the cancellation adds about £300 on, and ive gone through comparison sites, & have pass plus which means nothing anyway nowadays.

Why is your credit rating so bad,is it just your age?

Moved around quite a bit because of the dad, i finally moved in with my mum and have been in the samee house since where as my dad gets bored of where he lives and moves, had 3 houses in 5 years with him, then moved in with the mother tomake it a 4th :|!!, plus he applied for credit in my name without me knowing a year or two back when my cerdit was non existant and got rejected, but tried 4-5 times and made it a lot worse, it was very poor when i check it for the first time..

Its getting better plus obviously the crunch and my age dosnt help.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Sound abit ****.Try and save a few months backstop(car payments) just incase the **** hits the fan with your job or what not.....You don't want to screw up your credit rating even more :)

I am doing, i will have around 300 saves before the first payment, going to try save some more and just keep putting a little extra away every so often.

Im fully insured with the finance incase the worst happens.

Soldato
OP
Do you not see the problem here? Your dad has effectively wrecked your credit limit for a long time to come without your knowledge/consent. I would be absolutely livid :eek:

I was, but what could i do?

I cant report him because of my sister.. It wont fix my credit and itll wreck my sister whos only 15.

He lives in Devon so i dont need to talk to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom