Pokemon GO! (2016)

Associate
Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Why do I think when this thing actually starts working 100% it'll do more for me than any fitness app I've ever had.

For the 3 weeks until I lose interest in the game anyway.

Associate
Enjoying this quite a bit, caught myself a nice Ponyta.

How do you guys feel about people driving to hatch their eggs etc?
I feel like it's cheating and defeats the purpose of the game. I think it would be good if walking on grass/beach/woodland areas was the only way to count your steps towards hatching.

Caporegime
Has a Pidgey in my hotel room! :p

How do you guys feel about people driving to hatch their eggs etc?
I feel like it's cheating and defeats the purpose of the game. I think it would be good if walking on grass/beach/woodland areas was the only way to count your steps towards hatching.

If it uses the same mechanic as Ingress (with it almost certainly will), it will disable your tracking if you go over about 3mph, or jump around on GPS in a way that doesn't look like normal walking.

Associate
Has a Pidgey in my hotel room! :p

If it uses the same mechanic as Ingress (with it almost certainly will), it will disable your tracking if you go over about 3mph, or jump around on GPS in a way that doesn't look like normal walking.

I hoped that was the case but it doesn't seem like it is. My Wife was playing while I was driving, she asked me to slow down at certain points when there was a Pokemon nearby etc, us driving around was logged as a bit over 2 kilometres and one of her eggs hatched. It didn't track all of our movement however, seemed anything about 15/20kph wasn't counted.. maybe this threshold is to account for people that run?

Soldato
Caught a Drowzee at work, my building is a Pokestop, so thats cool.

Gonna have to have a long walk around at lunch by the looks of things.

Caporegime
I hoped that was the case but it doesn't seem like it is. My Wife was playing while I was driving, she asked me to slow down at certain points when there was a Pokemon nearby etc, us driving around was logged as a bit over 2 kilometres and one of her eggs hatched. It didn't track all of our movement however, seemed anything about 15/20kph wasn't counted.. maybe this threshold is to account for people that run?

Maybe. The clamp down in Ingress is in reaction to people cheating using GPS spoofing. Perhaps they haven't cracked down on Pokemon yet.

Anyone else having issue where the pokemon number isnt going down when releasing?

Not that I can see. But my settings (sound off) isn't saving which is annoying.

Caporegime
Pokestop just outside my building, and 5 of them clustered in a nearby area :D

Sony Head Office is also a gym, haha.

Caught a Bulbasaur in the office, and a Drowzee, Zubat, Psyduck (yes!!), Weedle and Spearow during a lunch walk.

Soldato
Liking this so far!

Does anyone know if you loose all your progress if you switch from the APK to the official google play version once released?

Also how can I find my favorite - Pikachu?!

Oh, and th battery drain is pretty horrific!

Permabanned
So I went to a pokestop, span it, got some free stuff, drove round the block, span it again.....can you do that indefinitely?

Bit flaky at the moment but seems vaguely interesting for a mess around on :). Four of us at work going to take over the town.......

Soldato
The pokestops respawn very quickly, a couple of mins at a guess but not timed it. You only really get balls and eggs from them through, and a tiny bit of xp so once youve maxed out your balls and egg stash..better going after pokemons ...although ive read they can occasionally drop powerballs and other goodies.

Im getting server overloaded messages at the moment :(

Soldato
I've read that the gps works like a similar game this is based on, I forget the name, but if you travel too quick it knows and discounts the distance, so it stops cheating, you jave to actually walk, or possibly ride a bike fairly slowly :D

Back
Top Bottom