Police Speed Detection Cars?

Soldato
In the OP's circumstances it's unlikely they will get a Fixed Penalty Notice or FPN but what will more than likely occur is they'll receive a Police Officer Ordered Prosecution through the mail in around 2 weeks instead, so keep an eye out for the POOP through your letterbox.

Man of Honour
In the OP's circumstances it's unlikely they will get a Fixed Penalty Notice or FPN but what will more than likely occur is they'll receive a Police Officer Ordered Prosecution through the mail in around 2 weeks instead, so keep an eye out for the POOP through your letterbox.

So are you confirming these cars exist?

Soldato
OP
I got done for speeding in New Zealand by a cop driving towards me. They have the tech over there.

I am sure they have it here as well, but I have a feeling that if it was actively in use, and motorists were being prosecuted as a result, I am sure that more folk would be aware of that!

If, by any chance, I should happen to receive any follow-up correspondence of any type, then I will certainly let you all know!

I thought they could only prosecute for speeding if it was a marked car and/ or being flagged down by an unmarked car with its blues on
It was definitely an unmarked car, and obviously didn't 'flag me down', or even 'flash'me.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have read that these 'static' vans can catch you while they are on the move!

Technically possible. In-fact, it can be done and I have done it with a handheld.

It's not approved for such use, non evidential and would never result in a prosecution however. Primarily seeing as you have to factor in your own speed, whether you are closing or making distance on the subject and then roughing out a figure. A total exercise in curiosity/messing about than anything else.

Caporegime
Just ignore it, unmarked cars are utterly lolworthy when people stop for them.

It could literally be a guy about to murder you, why would you stop...

Soldato
I approached a speed camera van last week, i was going over the speed limit, he was coming towards me pointing at the camera in the front of his van! Obviously he was saying 'I GOT YOU!'. So, i will wait to find out!

Back
Top Bottom