• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Possible GTX 670 release on 10th May

Associate
Looking at getting the 670 pending prices, althoguh hope at least it may drop prices of the older stuff. If it was base 300, it wouldn't be too bad but 350+ is probaly a bit too much. Maybe will look at 570/80 if that's the case.

Associate
I want something to drive a 2560x1600 resolution at decent frame rates. So I was holding out for 670 at around the £300 mark abolsute max for me. Looks liek it will still be too rich for me :(

Anyoen care to mention a plan B please? 570 say ?

Soldato
oh dear usual Nvidia greed, card looks ugly too

For those who don’t know, the GeForce GTX 670 card is based on salvaged Nvidia GX104 GPUs. These are GPU’s with malfunctioning units or chips that don’t clock up to Nvidia’s reference GTX 680 clocks.

Therefore, the non-working units are disabled and the working frequency is lowered. This way, the GPU gets sold at a lower price instead of being tossed in the trashbin.

i need say no more !

A card may have non-working units but then clock higher than a core with all units enabled, it all depends on the slowest used transistor.

Soldato
Nice, hopefully that will push the price of the 570 down some more by the end of the month when I get paid :)

I want the cuda performance before people question my reasoning :)

Associate
I bought an EVGA 570 two weeks ago - hoping to use the step-up program to go to the 670. If it's over £300 though then I'm not going to bother.

The 570 is managing to handle everything I throw at it!

Associate
Hopefully they have the same "boost clock" as the 680 so it competes artificially with a 7970, driving the price down :)

Soldato
That is a small pcb! The card is itself is still long to accomodate a fan hanging off its backside. It also appears to be a single slot card, but the heatsink may make it double again, hard to tell in the picture.

If true, no wonder nvidia are delaying the 670. Making sure all those who can stump up for a 680 have done so rather than sli these for 'probably' better performance. Colour me cynical.

Back
Top Bottom