Project: Excess

Associate
I'm looking at the revo for my boot device, and possibly a 2nd revo for a scratch disc

Then I am set to play minesweeper and surf the net (for those without a sense of humour the 2nd part was a joke)

Last edited:
Associate
rjkoneill - as you may know I was all set for a build like this but ended up selling up my setup and down to an i5. Glad to see one getting built though! Can't wait to see some benchmarks, but for what I was using mine for was pointless! :)

Soldato
omg!!! what gpu's are going to be used? Shame its not been put under water.

To be fair, watercooling is generally self-done by enthusiasts, as you have to know what to do when doing the yearly maintenance. Then emptying/bleeding the system when moving it any long distance.

Probably not what fits the bill for someone who doesn't want to put their own system together.

Whatever they've got planned (an enormous E-Peen by the looks of things), it must be overkill.

I bet you're pleased though, 3 days after you announce stock, and someone asks you to build £5000 worth of PC...

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
rjkoneill - as you may know I was all set for a build like this but ended up selling up my setup and down to an i5. Glad to see one getting built though! Can't wait to see some benchmarks, but for what I was using mine for was pointless! :)

hey man, aint spoke for a while :p
never thought you would settle for single socket!
i guess skulltrail for left for dead was overkill ;)

Wow!! Nice specs :cool: What GPUs are going in this monstrosity?

Does the PSU have enough connectors for all four of the motherboard 8 pins?

the psu is great for the board. just the right amount of connectors.

Wow, nice system! :)

Will the the chap who bought will ever get it delivered with rjkoneill on it :p

well obviously it will need extensive testing under my close supervision :D

currently trawling through the bios. i must say, it feels a little clunky in comparison to other high end boards. i have never really been a fan of EVGA bioses anyway.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
h50

/facepalm

currently on a GTX 260 just to get it working

the customer is considering a pair of GTX 480s at the moment

Back
Top Bottom