Project log: A one for the missus ( More airbrushing / custom paint ! )

Soldato
OP
Yewen said:
Terrible work, really is very poor.

:p

You got anything else you will be adding to it, or is that the design complete now?

*ignores* :p
well the design is complete. but theres still mroe wiork to be done. if that makes sense
i just cant ddecide on whether i should put motif's inside the bubble or not :(

Soldato
OP
This is the kind of thing that adds the time and expense to paintwork... these things dont just happen lol

i swear when i close my eyes all i can see it dots lol

so farnive gone through 4 brand new swan morton blades JUST cutting out these darn cirles:
laurascase724smalldk4.jpg

laurascase726smalluv7.jpg

laurascase725smallsi4.jpg

laurascase728smallin2.jpg

laurascase729smallxv4.jpg

Nix

Nix

Soldato
When you look at the bubbles they almost look like planets, and if you think of it in such a sense, it would appear as if she's holding the universe in her hands or that the world is her oyster :)

laurascase721smallgc8.jpg

I'm very impressed so far mate, keep it up :)

Soldato
OP
Sandmaster500 said:
Wow, that is truely amazing :eek:

You have some MAJOR talent!

Great work mate

thanks a lot mate

ive just thought of the last idea for this case.
Laura has some tattoos, 8 stars outlines .... (shes not an emo btw ) and i still have the original drawing fro them soemhere, soi im gonna blend them in some how :)

imm gonn get back to work in a minute... so expect some updates today :)

Soldato
OP
rangor gubbins said:
great bubbles. the look really good.
Sorry if i'm being stupid, but what is the big hole on the other side all about?

i wansted to show soemone the inside of the case lol. so just put a hol in the masking tape.
theres gonna be a window there you see :)

Associate
Wow, looks great!!! Love your work man!
Maybe you can give me some advice on case spraying? I'm gonna attempt to spray a Super Lanboy black :D
Probably take me like a year though :rolleyes:

Associate
Looks great.. I have started airbrushing this week :D ,been a paintsprayer for years and always wanted to try airbrushing but never got around to it till now .

Any particular reason you have the light/highlight coming from underneath the bubbles on the other side compared to the first side (where the light source is from above) or is that just artistic license,or will there be some feature below ?

Very cool seeing your progress shots -I'm sure you,ll girlfriend will love it !

Soldato
OP
Wolf11 said:
Any particular reason you have the light/highlight coming from underneath the bubbles on the other side compared to the first side (where the light source is from above) or is that just artistic license,or will there be some feature below ?

Very cool seeing your progress shots -I'm sure you,ll girlfriend will love it !

Im glad you noticed !
theres bno particular reason, but it was entirly intentional ( sp sp ??)
call it artistic license if you want though.
latest pics:

my next idea was to incorperatye lauras ( my girlfriend) tattoos into the design. luckly i still have the original design to hand so i was able to copy ist exactly.

she has 8 outlines on her stomach of 5 pointed stars. these kinda things look good blended in with airbrushing. so here goes.

Fierst of all i will point out that it rerally did atke more than an hour just to mask these things off !! - and i ran out of 1/16th fine line tape so had to make my own !

laurascase740smallcf2.jpg

laurascase742smalljc9.jpg

laurascase745smalloq2.jpg

laurascase746smalltu8.jpg

Associate
Cool - yeah I can imagine how long it took ! ,from my little play at a bit of stenciling it takes a lot longer than I thought it would.

Back
Top Bottom