Proving to O2 my Note 2 was not rooted

Soldato
What's this about a 6 month cut off?

I need to send mine for fixing/replacing and it's about 12/13 months old - with O2 Preimere insurance.

Before 6 months it's assumed that failures are due to a problem existing from the start, so should be fixed no matter what (obviously not for stuff like water damage etc.). After 6 months they have to prove that it's a problem you caused by rooting/overclocking etc.

Don't worry about it. I would unroot and TriangleAway (assuming it's not dead from SDS ofcourse) away just to avoid any possible problems from them though :).

Caporegime
Phew, thanks again.

I basically dropped my phone, the screen has gone darker on one side and the touch input is becoming increasingly unresponsive plus the phone is just acting even worse than its usual buggy ICS self.

O2 Premiere says it covers accidental damage though.

Associate
OP
Obvious troll is obvious.

Not at all. I had an iPhone previous to this and had the button stop working 1 month after the 12 month warranty. Initially they wanted payment but a bit of persuasion and I got a replacement phone that same day. Not 3 weeks later.

The difference in customer service is night and day and if Apples next phone is more interesting that extra service can be enough to sway me.

Soldato
LOL bunch of cowboys, my Samsung Galaxy Nexus went for repair as the screen hand retention where the softkeys were. I made it stock having been rooted etc and installed the latest Jelly Bean Google software via their official phone upgrade OTA.

Came back same phone, same screen but with ICS software from stock and was rooted!! lol

Phoned up O2 kicked off as the phone has a 2 year warranty. Got a replacement refurb that was mint still had camera cover on it so obviously was returned in the 14 day distance selling so was stocked as refurb.

Moral of the story, O2 repair centres are useless. Don't stand for it simply ask O2 to replace if you're in contract and warranty, they will be helpful :)

Edit - just read you got it sorted :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom