PS4 Harddrive upgrade query ?

Don
Get a SSD if you can afford it.

The OP mentioned a 4TB drive... I don't think a 4TB SSD is in the realms of affordability yet :D

I have one installed in my PS3, and if you use digital games it's fairly nippy.

The PS4 doesn't benefit that much from an SSD anyway - as Moogleys has said it uses RAM to buffer most operations and mask any physical loading times, hence loading times not improving much e.g. in Digital Foundry's tests.

The 2TB 2.5" Samsung drive is still the best option for the PS4 (without resorting to ugly addon casings, or worse exposed cables) and is fully supported.

Associate
OP
So i ended picking up a new 3.5" 2tb WD Black harddrive as i got it on a half price deal for £50 never owned a black before but obviously know of their reputation.

Caporegime
So i ended picking up a new 3.5" 2tb WD Black harddrive as i got it on a half price deal for £50 never owned a black before but obviously know of their reputation.

i ran a 3.5" 2TB SSHD using a "nyko data bank" but i sold it all with the console when i upgraded to the new model (uses less electricity and runs cooler).

it was lightning fast had my console not had bluetooth issues i would have kept it.

Soldato
i ran a 3.5" 2TB SSHD using a "nyko data bank" but i sold it all with the console when i upgraded to the new model (uses less electricity and runs cooler).

it was lightning fast had my console not had bluetooth issues i would have kept it.

Im thinking about the revised ps4 at some point. Just the fact it uses less electricity has me tempted. I'm all for better energy consumption!!

I would want at least a 1tb model, not sure if the 1tb has shifted all the older revisions yet though.

I understand its CH-12** I need to look out for and anything with CH-11** or CH-10** Is older internals?

cheers

Caporegime
Is that it!!:o

Im not to bothered about money saving but I guess that the difference in actual energy saving is reflected in the price saving?

i didn't buy mine for saving leccy it's because the old one had bluetooth issues.

people who buy stuff to save leccy never look at the big picture. you will never make back the money you spend unless it's solar panels and even now that is debateable because of the payback rate being reduced by like 90%.

some idiots advocated buying an lcd over plasma. plasma had better picture quality for sometimes 25-50% of the price of a top end lcd panel.

people were advocating spending £1000-£2000 on top of the price of a plasma to save £30 a year in electricity and have a worse tv. it would take you 100+ years to break even by doing that.

Back
Top Bottom