• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

Soldato
Typical of Heaven.. run it full screen.. and do one run through.. then benchmark it. (something to do with loading textures etc). Second run will have higher minimum fps. (make sure in full screen as well.. and v-sync off!)

Soldato
Can i ask how people are getting 1200 core and 1500 on the memory? the best i can get is 1100mhz core 1400mhz memory at stock? Any higher and mine starts to go all funny. Using MSI 3.0.0 beta whats voltage locked ? is there any other version whats voltage unlocked

I believe you need to put on the asus bios in order to get control of voltage (daft, but true until another tool comes out). There is a guide to do it on the forum.

Associate
BTW, thanks for taking the time primouf :) It really is appreciated!

Has the vendor replied yet?

No problem ! i will do some better benchmarks of Heaven 4.0 ;) for the vendor i tryed calling the hotline but they were to stupid to understand the problem, he didn't see the difference between a 290x and a 290...lol? and that what i got delivered shouldn't be on sale.... he just said send it back before the 7 day thing.... :eek:
The card will go back after the weekend and i sure will never buy from them again ( don't worry it aint in the UK it's a french online retailer )

Soldato
Do they understand the difference a £100 pounds (120 euro?) make? Possibly legal action from AMD? lol. Brilliant, although ignorance is possibly a good tactical defence.

Get everything from this card :D

Associate
Well it's looking good i must say.

Just hit the 1100mhz mark with my 290 original clocked @ 947mhz

ventilation @ 55% ( abit noisy? or not )
temp: 60-70 max

getting 10k on firestrike aswell :D screenshots soon !

OcUK Staff
Well it's looking good i must say.

Just hit the 1100mhz mark with my 290 original clocked @ 947mhz

ventilation @ 55% ( abit noisy? or not )
temp: 60-70 max

getting 10k on firestrike aswell :D screenshots soon !

Awesome little cards ain't they, if they release at around £360-380ish they will sell like crazy.

Still very bad those French people tried ripping you off.....

sin

sin

Associate
Gibbo

When 290 comes out will it be available @ 5am or later in the day?

Was going to buy tomorrow but as its been set back a week

Associate
Awesome little cards ain't they, if they release at around £360-380ish they will sell like crazy.

Still very bad those French people tried ripping you off.....

sure is !!! wish i could get a refund of the difference and keep it....

This is the max i could get, if i go higher i start to get some small artefacts now and then,very nice i must say !!
278301oc3.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom