Raceroom Experience

Soldato
Raceroom Racing Experience

Any of you have any experience with this title?

How does it compare with the other PC Sims out here?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I've just looked up details of Raceroom. And I'm not sure how I feel about it being a "free" to play title.

So I think I will give that a miss.

If you want a decent sim: Rfactor, Rfactor 2, GT Legends are the main ones I would recommend. Plenty of content and all are moddable, definitely Rfactors.

Will look those up now.

Have recently started AC. Decent game. However, the AI is pretty brutal lol

Soldato
OP
I see.

I do have project cars. However, that on the PS4 and there's no way I'm reconnecting my thrustmaster back to that thing (PC had the wheel spinning like crazy on the PS4).

I've decided to Gove race room a try. Downloading now.

Soldato
OP
As mentioned I downloaded the title yesterday. Done a few laps in one of the free cars. And thought it seemed okay. It also looked pretty good on my PC too.

I also decided to purchase the 2015 DTM Experience Pack. Something I hope I'll enjoy.

Soldato
OP
It seems like you prefer it over Assetto Corsa. May I ask why? I haven't tried RaceRoom yet, but AC is just so damn good and always improving.

Assetto Corsa is a great game. However, it's single player mode is rather poor. I can't see console gamers enjoying it.

Physics are great. Probably the best I've experienced in a long time.

For single player mode I prefer RRE.

Soldato
OP
I've yet to go online with either game. Will do so soon enough though.

One other area where I think RRE surpasses its rivals. Is it's AI. The AI appears to be both challenging and far intelligent enough not to smack into your backside at most concerns.

Soldato
OP
The UI has definitely been improved.

As for the payment model. I felt the same way at first. However, it seems as though a lot has gone into the various packs. And you're never made to pay for what you already have.

For example I'm tempted to grab the adac gt3 masters pack. Since I already have the dtm package, I already have a number of the tracks which feature in the gt3 package. As a result I'm entitled to a decent discount.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
Will definitely be bagging it.

Went and downloaded the GT2 pack of the weekend. Along with the Bathurst track. Bloody difficult.... But still enjoyable.

Soldato
OP
Do either of you experience force feedback deadzone?

Currently feeling this. Its strange because I don't have this in assetto corsa. Perhaps I need to adjust my settings?

Back
Top Bottom