Raceroom Experience

Soldato
OP
It seems like you prefer it over Assetto Corsa. May I ask why? I haven't tried RaceRoom yet, but AC is just so damn good and always improving.

Assetto Corsa is a great game. However, it's single player mode is rather poor. I can't see console gamers enjoying it.

Physics are great. Probably the best I've experienced in a long time.

For single player mode I prefer RRE.

Soldato
Assetto Corsa is a great game. However, it's single player mode is rather poor. I can't see console gamers enjoying it.

Physics are great. Probably the best I've experienced in a long time.

For single player mode I prefer RRE.

Fair enough, and I agree with your perception of the single player experience.

I did my first online race last night in AC, and it was simply amazing. So, so much more fun when you're racing real people who react to things much more intelligently than the AI ever could.

I had a proper sweat on, and I could feel my heart beating in my chest from the adrenaline :D Give it a try.

Soldato
OP
I've yet to go online with either game. Will do so soon enough though.

One other area where I think RRE surpasses its rivals. Is it's AI. The AI appears to be both challenging and far intelligent enough not to smack into your backside at most concerns.

Associate
I race online a couple of times a week. If you're interested in some league racing then check out the RRE section at simracing.org.uk

Soldato
This one seems to be a slow burner.

Been following it for what seems like years.

Seems to be making good progress but their payment model is severely broken in my opinion and suffered from poor UI issues for what seemed like ages.

Soldato
OP
The UI has definitely been improved.

As for the payment model. I felt the same way at first. However, it seems as though a lot has gone into the various packs. And you're never made to pay for what you already have.

For example I'm tempted to grab the adac gt3 masters pack. Since I already have the dtm package, I already have a number of the tracks which feature in the gt3 package. As a result I'm entitled to a decent discount.

Soldato
Looking very tidy now.

I still feel bummed that GTR 3 got canned and merged into this :(

Is the multiplayer "fully featured" at this point?

AI in online multiplayer, fully featured dedicated server?

The Race 07 dedicated server was very well featured and ran VERY well.

Associate
Multiplayer works but like the game still seems to be a work in progress in several areas. For example you can set x2 tyre and fuel usage on a server but not practice this offline. The server results are all messed up if people leave the event before everyone finishes. But the racing can be very good online

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
Will definitely be bagging it.

Went and downloaded the GT2 pack of the weekend. Along with the Bathurst track. Bloody difficult.... But still enjoyable.

Soldato
OP
Do either of you experience force feedback deadzone?

Currently feeling this. Its strange because I don't have this in assetto corsa. Perhaps I need to adjust my settings?

Soldato
Do either of you experience force feedback deadzone?

Currently feeling this. Its strange because I don't have this in assetto corsa. Perhaps I need to adjust my settings?

On my T500RS the default FFB settings in this are by far the best settings I've ever felt, if a little on the stiff side which I prefer, the tyre slip is absolutely second to none, I wish I could just duplicate this exact FFB 'Feel' into other games without spending hours and hours fiddling about. There's a tiny hint of dead-zone before the front tyres lose grip and it goes light but no real noticeable dead zone anywhere otherwise.

The thing that bugged me the most about the Wheel/FFB in this was the fact the on-screen wheel didn't match my real wheel turning and I found that really off-putting, I don't know when they added it but there's now a setting where you can make it match the wheels, maybe I just missed it completely before but it has transformed the immersion factor with it matching up now :D

Back
Top Bottom