• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon RX 480 "Polaris" Launched at $199

Associate
Looks like Crossfire RX 480 will match or beat GTX1080 for ~£100 less? Additional issues with dual cards aside, this is tempting!

Can't wait for the benchmarks but I feel it might be too late for me as I have a Vive arriving mid June!

Soldato
If the $200 card is Fury level performance then imagine what the new $500 card will be like. I'll be eagerly awaiting information on AMDs higher level cards whenever they come out.

Associate
I'll be honest, people are very suprised at the pricing of this card... when in reality they shouldn't be. This is pretty much the pricing of the previous R9 380 cards. If anything, this pricing is what was expected. Now if it were above £200, then we'd have issues on our hands.

Of course the big question is how well will it perform? Arund 970/390 level (my prediction)? Or a bit more than that? Bring on the benchmarks!

Soldato
Looks like Crossfire RX 480 will match or beat GTX1080 for ~£100 less? Additional issues with dual cards aside, this is tempting!

Can't wait for the benchmarks but I feel it might be too late for me as I have a Vive arriving mid June!

till you get the electricity bill :D

Anyway jokes aside it looks cracking quite excited for vega :)

Associate
I'll be putting one of these into a new budget gaming PC for a friend, who is keen to experience FreeSync at 1080p/1440p and pc gaming after years of console gaming.

Hmm considering these are being marketed for VR - does that mean they do run most games well on 1440p (70fps+)? Not sure if I should wait or just get a GTX 1070 now (or when they arrive), to hold me over until Vega/Zen. $199 sure is tempting. :D:cool: Wish we had more info to go on. :(

Caporegime
Hmm considering these are being marketed for VR - does that mean they do run most games well on 1440p (70fps+)? Not sure if I should wait or just get a GTX 1070 now (or when they arrive), to hold me over until Vega/Zen. $199 sure is tempting. :D:cool: Wish we had more info to go on. :(

Wait for the reviews and you'll see how good the perf per watt is at 1440p. :)

Soldato
Will we likely see benchmarks on June 29th when NDA is lifted?

Sadly this doesnt seem to be a card for me.

Maybe the 490x?? if that is ever released. I'm excited to Vega but impatient also. Nvidia can price gouge its 1080 to high heaven until Vega comes out which is sad for consumers. I'm happy at 1080p just now. Don't want to go to 1440p for scaling issues. Will be going 4K later this year or early next.

Last edited:
Associate
Could you crossfire with previous generation cards? No idea how that would work or if it's even possible to say right now, but would a RX480 & 390X crossfire be possible?

Soldato

yep for the price i might get a pair of 8gb, i remember back in the day i bought a pair of cheap 5770's that did pretty good and was cheaper than the 5870

Soldato
Great price. Rocking a 980 GTX but will look to upgrade within the next year to take advantage of FreeSync as G'Sync = too pricey for my taste.

Bodes well.

Back
Top Bottom