• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon RX 480 "Polaris" Launched at $199

Soldato
Well probably more like R9 390X/GTX980 level performance(maybe AIB overclocked ones hit Fury level performance?),but that nearly is double a GTX960,.

Hilarious as a 4GB 960GTX is at the same price point of around £160. This has to massively shake up the market.

There are going to be a lot of unsold budget NVidia cards sitting in warehouses soon.

Associate
Excellent performance for this price point. Won't sate the enthusiasts but they were always aiming for the larger mainstream market here.

Soldato
That's a lot cheaper than I thought it would be, so around £200 for us then (when you include VAT)? From raw specs alone it looks like it should be around 390 level but architecture improvements will hopefully push that up higher. 29th is a long time for the NDA to be lifted :p.

Caporegime
Wait for the reviews and you'll see how good the perf per watt is at 1440p. :)

Isnt the 1070 a 150w card aswell? Is it better perf per watt than the 1070?

If it is 970-980 performance, we have had that level of perf per watt for the last year and 8 months with the 970/980!

Man of Honour
OP
Excellent performance for this price point. Won't sate the enthusiasts but they were always aiming for the larger mainstream market here.

I like cards like the RX 480, it is not always about having the fastest if you are an enthusiast.

This card has some interesting things going for it like being on 14nm.:)

Associate
If this is Fury performance, I hope it forces Nvidia to drop the price of the 1070 by £50 or so.

In comparison as it stands now, the 1070 is nearly double the price for ~10% more performance :O (stock clocks for both)

Associate

Been waiting so long to get back to the red camp that I may just have to! Oh, and just a tip for your marketing dept. - instead of doing game bundles - just bundle a red cap that says "Let's make PC gaming great again!" :D

Soldato
I like cards like the RX 480, it is not always about having the fastest if you are an enthusiast.

This card has some interesting things going for it like being on 14nm.:)

Although they will be higher priced, i see far higher clocked AIB parts on the horizon. Going with what raja said about them aiming for a certain price/perf/efficiency, while letting AIB's do what they want.

I see this as their golden 'push the VR' card while the part itself could perform better when pushed. It could even reach greater than titan x perf if the clocks scale well and it managed higher clocks. My 7870 already does 1200Mhz on air at stock power limit and volts.

Soldato
Will be interesting to see how this performs compared to the GTX 960/R9 380 cards. Currently awaiting news from MSI about my GTX 670 which died, so this could be a good replacement if they'll give me a credit towards it.

Associate

It could consume 3 watts at full load, but if it only manages 32fps @1440, I'll pass.

If it comes close to 60fps @1440, and within "Freesync Range", then I don't care if it uses 200w at full load. I'm buying one with a new monitor !

Back
Top Bottom