• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RadeonPro - How To Remove Micro stutter & Improve Frame Latency

Associate
This explains why my switch to amd has been seemless from my 670, in fact smoother than my 670. I installed this before playing and set up profiles for my games as I was used to dynamic vsync from nvidia, I have to say it seems a much better implementation than nvidia. For some reason today it didn't start at startup and low and behold stutter in crysis, started it back up and all was well again. Lets hope these make it into actual drivers.

Caporegime
OP
This explains why my switch to amd has been seemless from my 670, in fact smoother than my 670. I installed this before playing and set up profiles for my games as I was used to dynamic vsync from nvidia, I have to say it seems a much better implementation than nvidia. For some reason today it didn't start at startup and low and behold stutter in crysis, started it back up and all was well again. Lets hope these make it into actual drivers.

Which AMD card did you get?

Associate
Which AMD card did you get?

A single Gigabyte WF3 7950, also had stuttering and tearing in bioshock when I tested without radeon pro last night but when I set it going again it all cleared up so it is defo much better to use radeonpro. Worth noting though that the stuttering happens when gpu usage is at 100% but when I use radeon pro and dynamic vsync gpu usage is much lower and gameplay is super smooth. Really not an issue for me as my pc is simply a games console connected to my TV so I never need more than 60hz. However would be nice if AMD did get these into the drivers.

Associate
I might give this a go on ARMA 2 later, since I've swapped from my 480 to the 7950 I swear I am getting microstutter that I didn't have before - could be 'new graphics card placebo' and only finding problems that were always there.

Caporegime
OP
I might give this a go on ARMA 2 later, since I've swapped from my 480 to the 7950 I swear I am getting microstutter that I didn't have before - could be 'new graphics card placebo' and only finding problems that were always there.

What cpu do you have? Are you using vsync? Does ARMA 2 have triple buffering?

Associate
What cpu do you have? Are you using vsync? Does ARMA 2 have triple buffering?

Using an i5 760 OC'd to 3.8 GHZ, not using vsync currently (tried with both though) unsure on triple buffering can check later on but irrc it's not something in the graphics options.

It's a strange issue though, just every 5-8 seconds there is a really slight 'pause' - only for half a second. It doesn't happen if I load up the mission editor and just run/ fly around though so I'm starting to think it could be my CPU struggling online when there is a lot to process.

Caporegime
OP
Using an i5 760 OC'd to 3.8 GHZ, not using vsync currently (tried with both though) unsure on triple buffering can check later on but irrc it's not something in the graphics options.

It's a strange issue though, just every 5-8 seconds there is a really slight 'pause' - only for half a second. It doesn't happen if I load up the mission editor and just run/ fly around though so I'm starting to think it could be my CPU struggling online when there is a lot to process.

ARMA 2 is a cpu bottleneck game from memory. Most likely your 7950 isn't stretching its legs in that title.

Soldato
Anyone know/tested if this is still needed as a fix with the new driver? Specifically for bf3

These tweaks are the only thing thats made bf3 epic again!

Soldato
Hey Lt

How does one run BF3 using RP? Do I link the BF3.exe? When this is done and you launch through RP, it brings up Battlelog. Then does it work when I just join a svr?

Also SweetFX doesn't seem to work in Win8.1, but we knew that

Soldato
Hey Lt

How does one run BF3 using RP? Do I link the BF3.exe? When this is done and you launch through RP, it brings up Battlelog. Then does it work when I just join a svr?

Also SweetFX doesn't seem to work in Win8.1, but we knew that

Sweetfx works here with 8.1
Setting up RP is very easy just add the bf3.exe to the program, enable the features you want from RP and just open bf3 had you normally would do. :D

Caporegime
OP
Pretty much what shankly said. I find the need for RadeonPro is no more for me personally. Though i still sometimes use it for the overlay, which works with BF4.

Soldato
Hey Lt

Yes, once it's set up, radeonpro will do its stuff whether you launch the game from RP, or launch it as normal through windows or origin.

Caporegime
OP
^^Thanks all
I am playing about with the settings. Using the RP in-built AA etc has allowed me to push both my cards to 99% in BF3

That's always desirable. Another thing you can try, though you might need to overclock them a bit. Create a bf3 profile in CCC. Select enhance application settings, then change the filter to supersampling. Change Morphological filtering to on. Change texture filtering quality level to very high. Click apply.

Now load up the game, disable FXAA and flick between in game AA of x2 or x4 depending what your gpu's can handle. x4 supersampling might be too demanding.

Back
Top Bottom