Raspberry Pi - $35 Linux computer

Soldato
You may be thinking of Openelec?
damn lol, i am using openelec. (ill try user root password openelec when home)

also whats the best way to update openelec/kodi on my Rpi without losing my data? i've created a full disc image backup however the auto update feature wont work for me and im still on Kodi 14.2

thanks folks

Last edited:
Caporegime
How easy is it to setup a Pi2 just on a Mac - dont have easy access to a Windows PC. Only looking to use it for OpenElec/Kodi and RetroPie

I presume theres similar Mac programs for loading images and the like?

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
damn lol, i am using openelec. (ill try user root password openelec when home)

also whats the best way to update openelec/kodi on my Rpi without losing my data? i've created a full disc image backup however the auto update feature wont work for me and im still on Kodi 14.2

thanks folks

Google openelec manual update. There are a few sources, including YouTube videos, that show how to manually update using the latest release download.

Soldato
Pi Zero back in stock for a brief period today. Ordered two. Result!

Well done! :)

Mine arrived in the post on Saturday, with the MagPi magazine to which I had subscribed... well for 3 months anyway!

A free plus a micro-B USB to USB A female cable, and a mini-HDMI to HDMI adaptor were also included, which will come in handy!

Haven't had a chance to get to grips with it yet, as there seem to be so many other things to do at the moment, getting ready for Christmas... I wish they would have it at a quieter time of the year! ;)

Soldato
Google openelec manual update. There are a few sources, including YouTube videos, that show how to manually update using the latest release download.

when i type in the Pi's ip address in my task bar it just brings up a kodi sign in the top left and fetches up Remote,Movies,Music bar no folders for copying files etc how bazaar.

Art

Art

Associate
Yeah I spotted that site and the £8 cable bundle is most I would need. Was hoping another etailer were in the mix like RS sell the normal Pi's?

:(

Yeah that's strange, I thought RS would stock them seeing as they're one of the official distributors but I can't find the Zero on their website (that said, their website really is pants). Element14 and ModMyPi sell it as well but they're both out of stock too.

Don
when i type in the Pi's ip address in my task bar it just brings up a kodi sign in the top left and fetches up Remote,Movies,Music bar no folders for copying files etc how bazaar.

Do it in Explorer, not Internet Explorer.

It will show you the shared folders.

That just means that there's a website running on port:80 (which is used to remotely manage the Pi)

---

WINKEY + R, \\192.168.1.XXX, tap enter.

^Replace with Pi IP.

Soldato
What are folks doing with their Pi Zeros? I managed to get a couple free with a magazine but they're sitting on my desk doing nothing as I haven't had time to even read the magazine yet!

Soldato
Do it in Explorer, not Internet Explorer.

It will show you the shared folders.

That just means that there's a website running on port:80 (which is used to remotely manage the Pi)

---

WINKEY + R, \\192.168.1.XXX, tap enter.

^Replace with Pi IP.

Thanks that worked great, shame the update broke my Pi lol.

placed the TAR openelec 6 update on (it hadnt been updated for a while) and now it wont even boot up after it did the extracting and saying the update was all ok, it appears the USB stick isnt even lighting up and my pi just has a red light on can that be an issue updating it manually that way?

Art

Art

Associate
What are folks doing with their Pi Zeros? I managed to get a couple free with a magazine but they're sitting on my desk doing nothing as I haven't had time to even read the magazine yet!

Mine is sitting on my desk as well. I've got plans for it which I'm working on using my Pi2, so when that is close to completion I'll just move the microSD over and start the hardware end of it. That's going to take a while though...

Back
Top Bottom