Recommend me some EarBuds?

Soldato
Hello,

As title I'm going to get some new EarBuds, currently have some old ones with no noise cancelling etc. Most important is the fit, I'll wear these in the gym and whilst cycling in the summer.

I'm tempted by the:
Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II
Sony LinkBuds S
Sony WF-1000XM5 (not sure I'm prepared to stretch this far for something that I might lose!)
Samsung earbuds pro 2

I've got a Samsung phone...

Any one recommend one?

Thanks,

Soldato
I have the WF-1000XM5 and love them, the ANC works really well and LDAC helps with my FLAC files. But I do agree they're on the more expensive side.

I'm going to throw in the Pixel Buds Pro into the mix, a family member who also gyms often uses them and haven't found any issues of them falling out.

Soldato
OP
Thanks both, I'll add Pixel Buds Pro into the mix.

All advice welcome.
I have the WF-1000XM5 and love them, the ANC works really well and LDAC helps with my FLAC files. But I do agree they're on the more expensive side.

I'm going to throw in the Pixel Buds Pro into the mix, a family member who also gyms often uses them and haven't found any issues of them falling out.

Any issue with the WF-1000XM5 fit? (falling out)

Thanks,

Soldato
Thanks both, I'll add Pixel Buds Pro into the mix.

All advice welcome.

Any issue with the WF-1000XM5 fit? (falling out)

Thanks,
No issues, just make sure you have the correct sized tips. It comes with 3 sizes so you can fiddle around with what fits best. These are foam tips bare in mind, and some people prefer rubber tips, but you can easily get a replacement on the rainforest if needed.

Soldato
I recently got a pair of XM4 buds for £80. They were direct from Sony as refurbs. They looked brand new and the only thing was the card slip on the original packaging was missing. Had all new tips and the battery seems to work perfectly (Possibly why they were returned and refurbished as a firmware made the batteries drain fast) great sound and great anc. I missed the ones in black but the silver ones are fine for me.

Soldato
For gym and cycling?

I had powerbeats pro 2 for a good few years until they died and now use the Beats Fit Pro. Can't fault them whatsoever for these activities.

Associate
Happy with my Sony XM4 buds, I did replace the tips rather than use the ones that came with them however. Very comfortable and sound great.

Associate
Happy with my Sony XM4 buds, I did replace the tips rather than use the ones that came with them however. Very comfortable and sound great.
Echoing this.

The included tips are too hard for my liking and end up painful.

I grabbed some silicone ones from that place online.

Sound is decent, to my old ears.
The battery life is great, and I can easily wear them for over 4hrs when I'm travelling to Glasgow.

I am using them with a Samsung S22.

Deffo recommended.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't own any earbuds but have been doing some reading after borrowing my bro's Anker Soundcore Liberty 4 NC buds recently. I liked the Liberty 4 NC buds, not crazy money and I wore them for about 4-5 hours on the train. I recently looked at the Sony WF-C700N earbuds. Not too expensive and What Hi-Fi awarded them in 2023 but they don't have LDAC - https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/sony-wf-c700n

Soldato
I don't own any earbuds but have been doing some reading after borrowing my bro's Anker Soundcore Liberty 4 NC buds recently. I liked the Liberty 4 NC buds, not crazy money and I wore them for about 4-5 hours on the train. I recently looked at the Sony WF-C700N earbuds. Not too expensive and What Hi-Fi awarded them in 2023 but they don't have LDAC - https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/sony-wf-c700n
These are currently on offer: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/so...ackelderberry-whitelavendersage-green-4285657

Soldato
I cycle every day in them but I use these and they stay solid - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00THKPJ5A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

While cycling I now turn off the ANC because it lets the wind in :)

I’ve tried using foam for my gym earphones, but it always goes grim really quickly.

I also find it goes really slippery. Have just bought some of these - they’re incredibly sticky and super comfy.

I use them on Beats Fit Pro.

Soldato
OP
Managed to grab some:

Refurbished: WF-1000XM5 Wireless Noise Cancelling Earbuds,

Form the Sony Refurb shop for £150, hopefully these will be "as new"...

Thanks for all the advice.

Reactions: nam
Back
Top Bottom