Red, Yellow, Green, Brown, Blue, Pink and Black. It's the General Snooker Thread!

Soldato
hard to pick the winner this year if Ronnie goes out at some stage, Mark Allan and Trump dont seem at their very top game at the moment although they are still playing strongly. Personally I hope there is a first time winner the same as last year but Luca has been very disappointing since. I dont think he put the work in.

Soldato
Caporegime
Murphy says it wasn’t his decision or input that led to the docked frame.

The only person that knows for sure is the ref, and AFAIK that ref died a few years ago. But it's pretty unlikely the ref would give him permission to go and get his chalk, then spring the frame being docked on him when he came back. He would have told him that before giving him the ok to go and get it.

Soldato
Jack given golden opportunity to steal first frame and he misses a sitter of a green while switching hands. Stuart then snookers him, Jack doesn't get green safe and Bingham is now 6-3 up.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Commentators reckon the pockets are a little tighter this year.

As they do almost every year, though I have to admit this is the first year in a while where I've not seen iffy shots go in. Usually the commentators are blabbering on about how tight the pockets are then you see shots dropping that shouldn't, then they start talking about how the cloths new and that shot wouldn't have dropped after a day or so of play on the cloth. That doesn't seem to have happened much, if at all this year, the tables are the new star tables but they use the same pocket template year in year out so not sure why it would be tighter.

Back
Top Bottom