** Resident Evil 4 Remake Thread **

Man of Honour
I’ve started the DLC and haven’t got far but have found it a bit lame in all honesty. There’s a soft emphasis on stealth kills, which aren’t fun, and also a reoccurring supernatural type enemy that just feels out of place. This is only the first 2 chapters, mind.

Not feeling a pull to revisit it but I may see it through…

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: TNA
Permabanned
I’ve started the DLC and haven’t got far but have found it a bit lame in all honesty. There’s a soft emphasis on stealth kills, which aren’t fun, and also a reoccurring supernatural type enemy that just feels out of place. This is only the first 2 chapters, mind.

It's not supernatural it's related to the virus hence why it looks like a bug, it's completely the same as it was on the ps2/cube version's dlc, and the plot lets be honest was always silly and that's why we like Resi, it's completely complimentary to it. Stealth wise, what'd you mean I was creeping around sneaking up on loads of people and knifing them?

This runs literally parallel with the main story and shows you both sides and explains why Ada pops up in Leon's side and how she got there/what she/
Wesker
are doing etc...

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP

I hope it is as good as everyone says and you are wrong! :mad:

:p:D

I will be on it in a week or two. Depends how long it takes to finish this Cyberpunk dlc. Not been hooked on like I was Starfield and been more busy so might take longer.

Man of Honour
It's not supernatural it's related to the virus hence why it looks like a bug, it's completely the same as it was on the ps2/cube version's dlc, and the plot lets be honest was always silly and that's why we like Resi, it's completely complimentary to it. Stealth wise, what'd you mean I was creeping around sneaking up on loads of people and knifing them?

This runs literally parallel with the main story and shows you both sides and explains why Ada pops up in Leon's side and how she got there/what she/
Wesker
are doing etc...

Mmm, it’s deffo not the same as the GC version as that didn’t have the separate ways DLC (it had ‘assignment Ada’ which is a little different)… and the PS2 version of separate ways (which I’ve admittedly not played) doesn’t have you fighting ‘the bug’ either, as far as I can tell from a quick review of a play through guide!

But yes, that ‘bug’ character was in the original and all versions of the game, just not fought against by Ada.

It’s just very different from the ‘right hand man’ style of fight and just seems a bit tonally off to have teleporting, mutiplying enemies.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I hope it is as good as everyone says and you are wrong! :mad:

:p:D

I hope I’m wrong too as I was quite looking forward to it!

RE8 Rose DLC was actually pretty darn good in adding meaningful game mechanics and a twist on the usual stories by playing in a ‘dream world’ (a bit like The Evil Within) so set against that maybe my expectations are just a bit too high. What I deffo don’t want from the separate ways DLC is more ‘enemy corridors’, stealth kills and reoccurring samey boss fights.

Permabanned
You should both just take it for what it is and stop thinking so much into it and just enjoy it for what it is, I smashed through it in one playthrough, which ended up like 6-7pm-3:30am haha, but it was a good bit of fun for an evening, I spontaneously saw a trailer for it, got it, played it, finished it, I'd already enjoyed the main game, so what's too loose. Resi's are always a bit too short so this was nice to have some extra content that slotted into the bits where Ada pops up throughout the main game and explained why she was there, along with what
Wesker
was doing...

Man of Honour
How is Ada able to move like she does in those heels :cry:

FWo0pDd.jpg

Man of Honour
It's decent, if you liked the base game then this is more of the same, just Leon and Ada's paths cross throughout (so far). As mentioned before, it's cool seeing Ada's side of the story that you previously played as Leon.

It's essentially pick up and go too, there's no faffing about with building characters and levelling up, everything in the inventory and merchant screens is super slick and you can do stuff within seconds typically making it a great way to just load up the game and get to work. Some of the big bosses are tedious and you do need to conserve ammo as you may well end up with no ammo left to kill them as I found a bunch of times on standard difficulty.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Playing the Separate Ways DLC now. Done 2 chapters. No bad. Enjoyable enough for the price.

But man they got the casting for Wesker and Ada's voice completely wrong. Kind of annoying they don't sound anything like the way they should.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Finished it last night. Enjoyed it for what it was. More of the same but with Ada. I enjoyed the laser room :)

Took about 4 hours. Worth the £6 for me.

Now I have Red Dead Redemption 2, Wasteland 3 and Ghostrunner. Need to decide which to play next. RDR2 is already half done from years ago, I think I will finish that off first while playing Ghostrunner on the side. Then move onto Wasteland 3 which seems to be a much longer game.

Need to also decide if I want to get the robocop game :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I could also play Dead Space remake for a quid on gamepass, but I feel as I have games already on my list might as well wait for the latest Jedi game to go on the pass also, so I can play both for a quid instead :cry:

Last edited:
Permabanned
Finished it last night. Enjoyed it for what it was. More of the same but with Ada. I enjoyed the laser room :)

Took about 4 hours. Worth the £6 for me.

Now I have Red Dead Redemption 2, Wasteland 3 and Ghostrunner. Need to decide which to play next. RDR2 is already half done from years ago, I think I will finish that off first while playing Ghostrunner on the side. Then move onto Wasteland 3 which seems to be a much longer game.

Need to also decide if I want to get the robocop game :p
Told you holmes! Well worth smashing through! (awaits and the game too pun!)

Back
Top Bottom