** Resident Evil 4 Remake Thread **

Soldato
Wtf? Lol. Nice!

I added it to my wishlist. As mrk says, Cyberpunk first. But before that, need to finish Starfield :D

Don't take my word for it but have been reading around 7h for the first playthrough, potentially more:p

Not getting it yet myself, playing Demon's Souls Remake and Ghost of Tsushima now to get some use out of PS+.

Not fussed about Cyberpunk as I'd pretty much only be playing it for shiny RT and atmosphere but I don't have the GPU for it so problem solved :cry:

Soldato
I'm not actually in any hurry to get back to RE:4 - it was very good but it didn't hook me the way the original did.

Probably wait to pick this up in a sale.

I probably played this more than the original, including some challenge runs, and I also think it's better overall. RE4 is one of my favs purely from the fun factor standpoint but it was extremely overrated as an actual RE game while this is a bit more close to survival horror and I prefer the changes they went with.

Separate Ways is like 10 bucks:p

Associate
I probably played this more than the original, including some challenge runs, and I also think it's better overall. RE4 is one of my favs purely from the fun factor standpoint but it was extremely overrated as an actual RE game while this is a bit more close to survival horror and I prefer the changes they went with.

Separate Ways is like 10 bucks:p
I'll pick it up when it's £3 or less :D

Man of Honour
For £7.50 I figured why not. Thought it would be £15 or something lol.

Kinda neat seeing/hearing Leon fighting his way out round the corner etc, and also the bell incident makes sense now :cool:

Also, forgot how much I missed the merchant :D

KLuzkx9.jpg

For those that uninstalled the base game previously like me and reinstalled now for the DLC, remember to install the REFramework mod and use DLSS/DLAA. the image is sharper, more stable than TAA/FSR. Shame they didn't update the upscaler support at all, the settings are all the same as the base game even though when you go into the DLC menu, it has its own GFX settings screen which basically takes you to the RE4 GFX screen anyway so what's the point of that I don't know.

Also, Ultrawide fix in REFramework for those on 21:9 is necessary as it enables 21:9 cutscenes too.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
For £7.50 I figured why not. Thought it would be £15 or something lol.

Kinda neat seeing/hearing Leon fighting his way out round the corner etc, and also the bell incident makes sense now :cool:

Also, forgot how much I missed the merchant :D

KLuzkx9.jpg

For those that uninstalled the base game previously like me and reinstalled now for the DLC, remember to install the REFramework mod and use DLSS/DLAA. the image is sharper, more stable than TAA/FSR. Shame they didn't update the upscaler support at all, the settings are all the same as the base game even though when you go into the DLC menu, it has its own GFX settings screen which basically takes you to the RE4 GFX screen anyway so what's the point of that I don't know.

Also, Ultrawide fix in REFramework for those on 21:9 is necessary as it enables 21:9 cutscenes too.

Let us know if it is any good, or just more of the same. Looked a bit samey to me so not in a rush for that whatsoever just yet.

Man of Honour
Well I've done 2 chapters so far and have been enjoying it. The mechanics are exactly the same as with Leon's part of the game but Ada has pinched Batman's grappling gun :D

It's more of the same just in different areas of the same locations as Leon is in the distance fighting his fight with little scenes between where their lines converge etc. For a fan of the series it's well worth it as an expansion into what Ada has been up to whilst you've been playing as Leon.

ryu

ryu

Associate
Is this DLC and the story within it totally new or is it also rehashed from the original Resident Evil 4?

Man of Honour
Never played the original DLC, barely ;played the 2000s RE4 in fact but:

Reactions: ryu

ryu

ryu

Associate
Ah right, so it was an unlockable upon finishing the game. I guess that might to some degree explain why they haven't totally milked the price.

I did play the original but I can barely remember a second of it.

Permabanned
I want to get this but.... Cyberpunk!
I paused Starfield to play Cyberpunk PL, which I paused to smash Separate Ways in 1 hit on Saturday night (yes my Saturdays are EXCITING aren't they :cry:)

TLDR PauseCeption?

Is this DLC and the story within it totally new or is it also rehashed from the original Resident Evil 4?

Get it, it's wicked! 7 Chapters long and perfectly compliments what we wanted to know was going on in parallel time - well you know if you've done the original same expansion on the cube/ps2, but I digress!

EDIT: Oh another @TNA approved/endorsed thread ;)
iu

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I paused Starfield to play Cyberpunk PL, which I paused to smash Separate Ways in 1 hit on Saturday night (yes my Saturdays are EXCITING aren't they :cry:)

TLDR smashception?

Get it, it's wicked! 7 Chapters long and perfectly compliments what we wanted to know was going on in parallel time - well you know if you've done the original same expansion on the cube/ps2, but I digress!

EDIT: Oh another @TNA approved/endorsed thread ;)
iu

This one I definitely do :cry:

Back
Top Bottom