Road Cycling

Soldato
Well thats wonderful. Took my TCR SL into the local shop to get them to look at/face the disc mounts on the rear of the frame because the brake could never be centred when the bolts were torqued properly and they have just called to say that the carbon on the top of the chainstay is not good and needs to be warrantied.

Just as we should be getting into some good weather I am going to have to strip and send off my frame to be warrantied, probably losing it for a month or more.
hopefully they will give you new TCR :D

Reactions: fez
Soldato
had week off gym and cycling and been gallivanting my home town drinking beers and eating good food ;)
damage weight wise was very little to my surprise, and ventured in to Kent for a cycle with mates.
88km, 1100m of ele.
went through Toys hill and beaten my previous time by 3.5mins lol
woiulb be even better if we woulnt take it slow at beginning and not talk $hit haha
happy ewth that

started cramping at the end to find out there is no train back...had to cycle ..cramp was delivered safely :cry:

Associate
Did a 233km, 3600m ride today.
Was mostly fine, just had to make sure I kept my energy levels up.

Feeling it now, not so much my muscles just general fatigue and feeling sick.

I was getting fairly annoyed with my Garmin navigation. Kept trying to send me down tracks and refuses to redirect other than to send you back to the track.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Did a 233km, 3600m ride today.
Was mostly fine, just had to make sure I kept my energy levels up.

Feeling it now, not so much my muscles just general fatigue and feeling sick.

I was getting fairly annoyed with my Garmin navigation. Kept trying to send me down tracks and refuses to redirect other than to send you back to the track.

What was the route you did?

Associate
What was the route you did?
Kinda the 2014 stage 1 TDF route with some tweaks.
I think my changes where Garmin connect did the auto routing, is where it tried to take trails, canal paths and even through a churches grounds...

I got fairly ****** off around Harrogate on the way home.
Awful road surface, loads of ****** drivers doing close passes and lots of of little climbs.

Last edited:
Soldato
my shopping list for Girona is sooo long i'm not sure i will get all i want..
11-34 cassette - got 32 at the moment which should be okay as Girona climbs are not so steep, but that 34 would help if i want to do Rocacorba again...

new helmet that has a lot of vents
shoes,
bike computer
power meter
would kill for new lighter wheels...

mikght endup only with new cassette hahahh

fez

fez

Caporegime
11-34 cassette - got 32 at the moment which should be okay as Girona climbs are not so steep, but that 34 would help if i want to do Rocacorba again...

new helmet that has a lot of vents
shoes,
bike computer
power meter
would kill for new lighter wheels...

mikght endup only with new cassette hahahh

Just get a new bike! Oh wait, thought this was Junglist

fez

fez

Caporegime
ROFL

got new bike that already needs newer parts ;)

you know how it is...never ending pit :D

havent mentioned Darimo seatpost ;)

Always the way. I am building up a gravel bike at the moment and quite a lot of it will be parts that have come off other bikes that I was definitely intending to sell to recoup some money on the main bikes "upgrades".

Btw, be careful with Darimo (are they the spanish carbon people?) I've heard their quality control and general quality has gone down a lot lately.

On an unrelated note, I replaced my Zipp 303s with some deeper section 50mm rims and the carbon wheel whoosh is even better! I'm addicted. Perhaps I need to go to 80mm! Also, the Zipp hubs are so ******* ****. The new Shimano C50s run far more smoothly than the Zipps.

Soldato
I've heard that about Darimo too...esp handlebars...

my mate got Durace C35s with his Pino that he will be flogging..shame not deeper...

my old HEDs 69+ Jet , those sounded amazing ! best woooooshhhh you could ever hear.

evrey single time, my mates thought a car is coming from behind hahah

my super6 came with knot45 which are not the lightest but hubs are dead silent and i have to say, I love it!!
bike just slides silently

if i upgrade the wheels, i will be looking for quiet ones again.

some top spec Rovals are quiet

Soldato

For me, an 11-34 is far more than just about a 2T easier gear, the cassette is much more focussed on climbing options...

11-32: 11-12-13-14-16-18-20-22-25-28-32

11-34: 11-13-15-17-19-21-23-25-27-30-34

I've been using 11-34 cassettes since '20, used to love having extra gear options to power up climbs, these days the 34 is a godsend while being 16Kg heavier than I was before long covid combined with far lower power capabilities.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom