• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX HDR for games!

Associate
Anyone able to explain to a non-HDR user how I enable RTX HDR and configure it for Helldivers 2? Would like to give it a try.

(Yes I do have a HDR enabled monitor, I just never faff about with these things normally!)
Have you tried the native HDR in the game or are you just looking to do a comparison?

Whenever I'm next on an Nvidia card I'll have to try this with Darktide as that's a game begging to be played in HDR!

Soldato
I’ve stuck the native HDR on in Hell Divers 2 but immediately found it very washed out. I don’t have the patience for fiddling through system settings and monitor configurations though :p

Associate
Calibrate your hdr in windows.
Then have a read of the following and set up the game profiles in the app for your monitor.
Info

Remember, folks, do not bother with hdr 400 monitors. My Alienware hdr 600 monitor works fine, my Samsung neo g8 looks awesome, even better in cp2077 as the game's hdr sucks.

Caporegime
OP
RTX HDR is a lifesaver cos each game has different HDR settings and its a bit of a minefield.
With RTX HDR it's pretty much the same settings for all games. Much less hassle

Yup it's become my must have feature now, even more so than dlss etc. Not even a case of same settings but the fact, most games HDR are flawed in a lot of ways which rtx HDR fixes

Last edited:
Associate
Yup it's become my must have feature now, even more so than dlss etc. Not even a case of same settings but the fact, most games HDR are flawed in a lot of ways which rtx HDR fixes
Yeah, this feature has pretty much been a gamechanger for me as I can't get enough of HDR in my life, now I have it on every YouTube video and game - a dream come true! Lol. I'll always stick with Nvidia from now on, no going back now :D

Soldato
I can't get this to work on The Long Dark game. Auto-HDR works but it's really poor on this particular game. RTX HDR says restart game to see the effect but it never applies and the restart prompt persists.

Anybody had better luck?

Last edited:
Associate
Calibrate your hdr in windows.
Then have a read of the following and set up the game profiles in the app for your monitor.
Info

Remember, folks, do not bother with hdr 400 monitors. My Alienware hdr 600 monitor works fine, my Samsung neo g8 looks awesome, even better in cp2077 as the game's hdr sucks.

Yeah followed this guide yesterday, and it's made a huge difference in a lot of games, and of course tweak differently if you have different colour preferences, but a good base to work from to get the intended image. Massive improvement for me in several games, after following this guide as best as possible. CP2077 being one of them as well, F1 2023 Monza circuit another.

Last edited:
Associate

Spoken like a true OLED owner :D

Went from LCD, then to plasma, then 4k LCD, which despite being 4k looked worse than my 1080p plasma and then OLED CX. No way back

Not tried RTX HDR yet, on my laptop or my CX.

Been meaning to get back to God of War, seems like a perfect candidate to try it out :)

Caporegime
Spoken like a true OLED owner :D

Went from LCD, then to plasma, then 4k LCD, which despite being 4k looked worse than my 1080p plasma and then OLED CX. No way back

Not tried RTX HDR yet, on my laptop or my CX.

Been meaning to get back to God of War, seems like a perfect candidate to try it out :)
I did the same!

Well almost - I never had an LCD to begin with, I had a Plasma in 2003.

Bought one of the first 4k LED screens, which was a Panasonic 58AX802B (which had a displayport input) - It wasn't much of a step up though.

Bought a B6 OLED shortly after and have had 4 more OLED's since then inc an Alienware monitor.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It's off. Anyway, The Long Dark and Darkest Dungeon are the only games I haven't managed to get RTX HDR to work so far.

Doesn't work on SoulCalibur 6 either which was one of the first games I tried it on. Funny thing is that game works perfectly fine with AutoHDR. Lol.

Associate
Was working nicely the last two days, but now my image is off for some reason, blacks more crushed again and saturation is up.

I'd just copied the settings from reddit and it gave me a perfect colour balance, but today no luck, playing the same game with the same exact weather conditions... only thing that has changed is Nvidia app going from reporting my peak nits at 1200 to 1000...

Back
Top Bottom