Rugby union?

Soldato
Was a pretty poor match over all!

It’s a shame that the ref the other week bottled that call against France otherwise it would be setting up for a GS show down between Ireland and Scotland! Who’d have thought that!

Soldato
Great game for Ireland, score didn't reflect how Wales played, with a 6 point lead, can Scotland win the championship ?

It’s super unlikely, need to beat Ireland and Italy with BP. England would have to beat Ireland as well without them getting a losing BP.

So yeh, it could happen beat Itay with BP takes them to 14 points, then it’s winner takes all in the final game in Dublin.

Last edited:
Soldato
being Scottish, I would love to see Scotland win it, but realistically..na, not a chance imo. maybe if we weren't robbed against France, maybe, then just maybe..

Soldato
being Scottish, I would love to see Scotland win it, but realistically..na, not a chance imo. maybe if we weren't robbed against France, maybe, then just maybe..

Yeh it’s pretty brutal that robbery. Would have set it up really nicely as both teams would be going into it with 4 wins.

Ireland are just so good at the moment though, I fully expect them to win the GS.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I mentioned it before that there just seems to be no game plan for England, I welcome some fresh faces but the observation remains that too much kicking it and poor execution passing in attack make them stagnant. The amount of handling errors yesterday and even the number of times players were held up, I didn't think I was watching an International standard match.

Man of Honour
Gutted for Italy. Hell of a finish to the game. Pretty sure I saw another head on head contact by a French player in the build up, will that be looked into afterwards?

Associate
Italy should have won that, still given a draw against France i think they will be very happy with that, given that Italy and France are one of the biggest rivalries in the game

Associate
I missed France/Italy today. Went to look at the result and nearly keeled over. Could so easily have been Italy, should have been. Great result for them. Don't know what France are thinking, even with a man down.

Soldato
when borthwick loses against France and Ireland he will be at a 50% win ratio.

We sacked Eddie jones at 74% and Lancaster at 64%

He needs to go asap, he was boring and clueless as a player and Captain and is even worse as Head Coach. Admittedly there is something very rotten at the heart of English domestic Rugby and regardless of the deal between the RFU and Premiership Rugby the whole edifice is teetering on a sea of unsustainable debt but there is talent that can be worked with if the right coaches are at the helm of England. We're never again going to hit the heights that the likes of Ireland and NZ can achieve with their whole domestic systems that are geared specifically to feeding the requirements of the National sides, or SA that allow players to play abroad and still qualify for International duty but we could at least be competitive again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom