Ryanair buys 75 737 Max

Commissario
That one is IIRC not massively uncommon and a lot less worrying that it might seem, from memory they have something like 3 or 4 layers of glass and can be flown safely with just 2, or even 1 uncracked depending on where the crack is.

there have been issues wtih them cracking in various aircraft due to things like heaters/demisters that have got slightly too hot (the temperature differential can be very high between the inner and outer glass), and there can be an issue with fitting as well.

Associate
Soldato
Daft old me thought last week would have been a great time to buy shares in Boeing whilst values dropped after the emergency landing following the door blowing out... Then this happens which will no doubt drop them further

It’s not a problem inherent with Boeing but the media will jump on anything Boeing related following the door plug incident.

Just have a search on AVherald for windshield crack, it’s a common occurrence,

Soldato
I survived my trips the week before last with no problems as I am sure many millions of other people have. Anyway Ryanair don not seem to operate the 737 Max but a 737 8200 :rolleyes: There was no mention of the Max part anywhere.

From a passenger point of view it was exactly the same but perhaps more light feeling in the the cabin and it was to be on two really clean new planes! I even had reasonable leg room, obviously they have newer thinner seats but we did book and sit near the front as we had an 11 month old taking up space on our laps.

On the way back I did over hear the stewardess talking with someone they knew about the plane and they were less positive as they felt the plane was less robust than the 737 800. They also said that the bathrooms leaked, the trolleys tipped over easily and the caddies and stuff in the galley were bad ergonomically with bashed knees etc I am surprised if that stuff is a backwards step for the crew as you would expect that to improve all the time!

Caporegime
On the way back I did over hear the stewardess talking with someone they knew about the plane and they were less positive as they felt the plane was less robust than the 737 800. They also said that the bathrooms leaked, the trolleys tipped over easily and the caddies and stuff in the galley were bad ergonomically with bashed knees etc I am surprised if that stuff is a backwards step for the crew as you would expect that to improve all the time!

Wouldnt surprise me if Ryanair cut corners with the interior. They get to spec/choose the toilets and galleys when they place the order with Boeing.

Commissario
Wouldnt surprise me if Ryanair cut corners with the interior. They get to spec/choose the toilets and galleys when they place the order with Boeing.
Yup

IIRC pretty much everything is customisable from a very large set of options so likely Ryan Air did something like went with the cheapest/smallest galley especially as IIRC Ryanair don't really do meals so skimping on that in order to save a bit or get some extra booze in to sell would be in keeping.

Although the leaking toilets is almost certainly just bad fitting or maintenance on them.

Soldato
I survived my trips the week before last with no problems as I am sure many millions of other people have. Anyway Ryanair don not seem to operate the 737 Max but a 737 8200 :rolleyes: There was no mention of the Max part anywhere.

From a passenger point of view it was exactly the same but perhaps more light feeling in the the cabin and it was to be on two really clean new planes! I even had reasonable leg room, obviously they have newer thinner seats but we did book and sit near the front as we had an 11 month old taking up space on our laps.

The 737-8200 is a Max, a Max 8 with a high seating density to be precise.

Soldato
The problem is people expect cheap flights.. Supply and demand.
The likes of Ryan Air are a symptom of the problem rather than the cause.
They operate almost like a bus service, except if the bus gets a punctured tyre it's an inconvenience... It's a bit more of an inconvenience at 20000 feet in the air at 400mph.

Associate
The problem is people expect cheap flights.. Supply and demand.
The likes of Ryan Air are a symptom of the problem rather than the cause.
They operate almost like a bus service, except if the bus gets a punctured tyre it's an inconvenience... It's a bit more of an inconvenience at 20000 feet in the air at 400mph.

Despite their budget image and at times appalling customer service, Ryanair are well known within the airline industry for the high quality of their training and aircraft maintenance.

Soldato
Despite their budget image and at times appalling customer service, Ryanair are well known within the airline industry for the high quality of their training and aircraft maintenance.
Very true. Say anything about them except they dont cut corners on safety. Never lost a passenger.

Back
Top Bottom