S2000 owners advice

Soldato
well.. a couple of my mates have popped their engines. But on track.

if maintained they're fine to go for ever. Mine only has 42k miles. Do the valve clearances, oil changes etc and it'll go for ever. Never run it low on oil, many like to consume it so make sure it's always on full. Especially if hitting 9k is something you plan to do ;)

Associate
having the age old issue of tyre availability on the stock 16" wheels, tyres are useable but old so i want to change them, also want something that will handle a few light track days.

Looks like i will have to upgrade to 17" wheels for better tyre choice. Anyone on here running 17" aftermarket wheels? and what ones? id love a set of OEM 17"s but some of the prices for them in poor condition is off-putting.

Soldato
having the age old issue of tyre availability on the stock 16" wheels, tyres are useable but old so i want to change them, also want something that will handle a few light track days.

Looks like i will have to upgrade to 17" wheels for better tyre choice. Anyone on here running 17" aftermarket wheels? and what ones? id love a set of OEM 17"s but some of the prices for them in poor condition is off-putting.

Assuming you tried all the usual places, camskill, blackcircle, mytires etc.

Associate
Yes, Pilot Sport 4 seems to be my only option on the 16"s and likely will need to order front and rears from different places, there isn't much choice. ideally would want XL versions but finding them difficult to get in both front and rear.

Soldato
Not sure if still true but the UK while being one of the wettest places in Europe also had the highest number of soft top sales, we are obviously all nuts :D

Man of Honour
That's the first orange one I've seen for sale for a while. I was looking for one a few years ago and not a single one came up (that I saw at least).

Don
I left the lip to cure for a week and then gave it a machine polish. I didn't want it too shiny as the paint on the rest of the car is 19 years old and has a little bit of fade. Not bad for rattle cans.

I'll see about fitting it this evening if the weather holds.

IXp35RC.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
I left the lip to cure for a week and then gave it a machine polish. I didn't want it too shiny as the paint on the rest of the car is 19 years old and has a little bit of fade. Not bad for rattle cans.

I'll see about fitting it this evening if the weather holds.

IXp35RC.jpeg

That's a fantastic finish. Get it on there :)

Soldato
I was messaged by this owner yesterday saying they were let down by another buyer, and offered me it at 14k. It's a clean example just an unfortunate mark shown in the pics but still feel I'd be happier in the lower tax bracket especially as the recent hike took it up over £700

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11616178...-9HpBh2SCG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=MORE

Had some back and forth on FB with the owner prior to his eBay ad. It's a good'un I believe

Last edited:
Soldato
That mark is nothing, smart repair will sort that nicely.
He did send photos of the arches too, took the covers off to do so and it looked clean, along with a quick video of the underside.

I think maybe I'm being too sensitive about the tax thing :D

I could just do 6 months and then drive our work van over the winter months.

He did advertise it as Moonrock and his early photos looked darker. When I saw the eBay ad I suggested it was Silverstone so he dug out the paper work and had a laugh about it.

Ideally wants some red on the inside

Last edited:
Man of Honour
He did send photos of the arches too, took the covers off to do so and it looked clean, along with a quick video of the underside.

I think maybe I'm being too sensitive about the tax thing :D

I could just do 6 months and then drive our work van over the winter months.

He did advertise it as Moonrock and his early photos looked darker. When I saw the eBay ad I suggested it was Silverstone so he dug out the paper work and had a laugh about it.

Ideally wants some red on the inside
I'd be more concerned about suspension bushes/adjusting bolts. If you haven't, ask if it's had geo done recently and if there were any problems with adjustment. Stonechips etc you can sort, and whilst Honda's can and do rust, if they are looked after properly it can be prevented.

Back
Top Bottom