S2000 owners advice

Soldato
Honestly with all the ones posted I'd be after that red one. I wouldn't let a local/independent garage servicing it put me off, it's a Honda 4 pot not a Nissan GT-R. I would however get an independent inspection arranged to ascertain the state underneath and the suspension bushes.
Thanks, the servicing etc was in regard to the Grey car with the full Red interior, and I agree it's fine. Had consistent servicing so that's all that matters.. though based on what they told me, there was a gap between 2006-2012. Think it's miscommunication, they are getting back to me tomorrow

That Red car is lovely, just too far for me really

Last edited:
Soldato
Front bumper looks weird, no numberplate holes, no washers. Looks lowered.

He did mine, rude **** if I'm honest but cheap. The material wasn't the greatest. This is going back sometime though, Jack I think?

Jack Smith. I could endure the personality for the price. Basically made the roof a consumable item!

Man of Honour
Yeah I noticed the number plate too. Maybe it uses one of those tacky off centre brackets :D

Didn't notice the washers.

Thanks all for closer inspection, this one isn't as good as it originally seemed and the price is too steep. I want to settle for one no higher than 15-17k at most really
No locking nuts, orange peel as mentioned (although pretty common with Honda paint/bumpers), grear knob wear doesn't match the mileage, no idea what that suspension is (it's gold, but not Ohlins). It could be a good car, but for the price I'd expect better without actually viewing it.

Soldato
That shouldn't put you off if it's the right example, they're not exactly common. If you haven't already, put a wanted post up on the Facebook group and forum.
Good idea, I'll do that!

I agree with travelling for the right one, within reason.

Imagine driving 6 hours and finding it's no good ;)

Man of Honour
Good idea, I'll do that!

I agree with travelling for the right one, within reason.

Imagine driving 6 hours and finding it's no good ;)
They have an airport nearby, and trains? Premier Inn up there can't be more than £50. Go up with a mate/mrs, make a weekend out of it.

Soldato
So the one I was enquiring about did indeed have a gap in servicing but it's been very consistent for many years since so I don't consider it an issue. Honda 05-06 then Gap until 2012 due to low use etc. then serviced consistently until the last one in 2023.

I feel that's fine for a car that I intend to use essentially daily. It will hold value regardless imo (and that's not what this purchase is about anyway)

Soldato
OP
So the one I was enquiring about did indeed have a gap in servicing but it's been very consistent for many years since so I don't consider it an issue. Honda 05-06 then Gap until 2012 due to low use etc. then serviced consistently until the last one in 2023.

I feel that's fine for a car that I intend to use essentially daily. It will hold value regardless imo (and that's not what this purchase is about anyway)

It wasn’t serviced for 6 years?!

Soldato
They are looking into it further for me, but at the moment it sounds like it.

1 lady owner from new, and they believe she used it VERY little in this time, but will see. They are chasing her for any more receipts/info

Soldato
MOT history is great, one fail relating to windscreen wipers not clearing the screen and a few advisories over the years for consumables but otherwise retry clean sheet there

Associate
got around to upgrading the audio today, installed a DAB / Bluetooth radio and modifry dash mount for the phone, not too bad to install, also used the connects2 wiring that still enables the dash audio control to function.

0UceGxn.jpeg

next on the list is a K&N intake and some new rubber, been looking out for a set of facelift alloys but nothings really popped up yet. eBay ones are pretty expensive, and i would rather pick my own tyres.

Soldato
They are looking into it further for me, but at the moment it sounds like it.

1 lady owner from new, and they believe she used it VERY little in this time, but will see. They are chasing her for any more receipts/info
6 years is a looong time! I must've changed my oil 10x since I had it from 2018 lol.

Don
I'm booked in for a geo tomorrow. Taking bets on how many are siezed. My money is on "all".
If they are, it's no bother as I was planning to replace all the bushings this summer anyway when I do the coilovers.

Soldato
If it was a BMW or Audi engine I might be worried. But it's a Honda.
True.

I've put a post up on a Facebook group and had a car brought to my attention. Only an hour away

2004, Moon Rock GT, 30K miles, Black/red interior and the Hard top still with the car.

The chap is on holiday but is back next week so I'll go and have a look. I put my budget of 15-17k

He said he was going to get some extra work done and advertised for £18k, but said he could leave it as it is and let it go for £17k.

Sounds like he wanted to address stone chips, a wheel refurb (though he says they are in a good way, just fussy) and a full machine polish. To try and get as much as he could.

So I'm not against that being left out, depends how the car is otherwise.

Looking forward to having a look

Last edited:
Soldato
If it's good then a 30k 2004 for £17k would be a good buy IMO. Especially with a hard top.

That's my thinking!

Also been offered a similar car, GT etc. but 2007, 60k miles and asking for 15,500. It looks good overall but the soft top has a patched up hole on :( and the hardtop looks to have a bit of a scratch on top.

I'm thinking 15,500 is steep with a hole in the roof. I'm guessing a new roof being fitted will cost around £1k?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom