Sacked...by TEXT?!

Soldato
Female bosses are horrible to work with, almost psychotic in my experience. Never again.

I've had three female bosses, and all three were an absolute nightmare.

The worst part was, that in all three cases there were not there on merit, one inherited the business from her mum, who managed to wangle it off the dad in a divorce, another one managed to get a 50% interest in the business in a divorce, and one of them got left her partners share after his death.

All of them rubbish.
Mind you, the male ones I have had have not been much better for the most part.
The company I work for now is ok though, as I dont see my "boss" at all, he is based 80 odd miles away and I never hear from him other than the odd email.

Caporegime
I wouldn't worry about it that much, I doubt that he'd have got much more than a 'sorry we're letting you go' if he was sacked in person.

He probably wasn't cut out as the sort of sales person required to be an estate agent in London. This isn't necessarily a bad thing tbh.. as it basically involves being a single minded moral-less **** - if he was this sort of person then he'd have brushed off the whole text thing and you wouldn't have even heard about it from him.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
This has turned into a thread about female bosses. :p

I've had quite a few in my time now. It's definitely been the minority that were rubbish though. Of about nine, roughly three or four were terrible; either having mood-swings all the time or just genuinely bitchy. Of several male bosses, I've only known one who was on a power-trip, but he got done by watchdog anyway, so all's well.

God forbid you have several female bosses and they all sync in their cycles though. I had three managers like that once, and on that off-day it was mental.

Definitely a higher proportion of female bosses being useless/moody than males in my experience. However, that's not to say all are as some of the best I've had were female! Just the luck of the draw really.

Soldato
Three female bosses.

One was the most spiteful person I've ever worked with.
Two was absolutely awesome.
Three was so damned porkable and friendly.

Associate
Girlfriend was working for an estate agents a couple of months back. From what she told me she got treated like crap every single day she was there, eventually she gave in her notice. Her female boss turned round to her and said "It's all right, we've got someone else for your job anyway". When I heard that I felt like barging in and breaking some legs.

In my experience female bosses have been fine, but in this case it annoyed me.

Back
Top Bottom