Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

W50

W50

Associate
How is the magnet with that case? I have read reviews that state that the magnetic strip is poor. is that correct?
I haven't actually used the magnet, so couldn't say. I wanted this particular case and it only came with magsafe.
I know if I place it on something metal, it doesn't feel as strong as the ESR case, but then you can't use the spen with that! I guess you may struggle to find one that is strong enough, without affecting the pen.

Soldato
I haven't actually used the magnet, so couldn't say. I wanted this particular case and it only came with magsafe.
I know if I place it on something metal, it doesn't feel as strong as the ESR case, but then you can't use the spen with that! I guess you may struggle to find one that is strong enough, without affecting the pen.
Thanks for the reply mate. Much appreciated!

Reactions: W50
Associate
Phones have rattled for many years now ever since OIS has been a feature

Correct, phones with OIS do emit audible rattles or clicks when shaking them more than one would reasonably shake a phone.

My S24 Ultra started making clicking sounds when simply lifting the phone to talk on a call, or rotating the screen to watch a video. It's even audible in video recordings if the phone is moved around during the recording, like if you're in a moving vehicle.

Others that I have handled make no noises unless shaken violently.

Really disappointing, especially considering my last phone was a Sony Xperia 1 IV which alongside OIS, also has a variable telephoto. It also made no noise during regular day to day activities with the phone.

Samsung's authorised repair agent TMT First have said the phone is functioning as intended. Well, yes it is, the camera still functions.

Just like the car with an annoying rattle you can't find or the panel gap that doesn't line up with the rest still functions as a car.

The case has been escalated with Samsung now, with any luck they'll agree that something isn't right with my particular telephoto camera module!

Soldato
Woke up to my s24u stuck in locked state. Unable to restart it or receive calls. Just couldn't get it to wake up. Got my missus to phone it and it rang on her end. Then on the lock screen I eventually see 1 missed call.

Had to hold down volume button and power to force a hard reset.

I do like this phone but it ultimately seems to do the same dumb crap every other android phone I've had does occasionally.

Soldato
I think my phone is set to do any updates in the early hours of Monday mornings so there's a chance something that was doing killed it.

I couldn't get out of the lock screen or restart / power off etc.

It's otherwise been fine tbh but now that I'm owning the most powerful phone going it's made me realise that for my use case there wasn't much to be gained over my older xiaomi phone.

The most impactful phone change I ever made was to a note 4 many years ago. Since then most things are iterative changes that don't excite me.

Soldato
Soldato
Woke up to my s24u stuck in locked state. Unable to restart it or receive calls. Just couldn't get it to wake up. Got my missus to phone it and it rang on her end. Then on the lock screen I eventually see 1 missed call.

Had to hold down volume button and power to force a hard reset.

I do like this phone but it ultimately seems to do the same dumb crap every other android phone I've had does occasionally.
Not had an issue like that at all to be honest, and even iOS is just as bad these days judging by my friends experiences!

Associate
New update, bit of a strange one but still April 1st security patch.......

• Regional LTE TDD band support has been updated. Please note that models purchased in Germany cannot receive signals in LTE TDD bands in the following countries: Belgium, Denmark, Germany, France, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Austria, Poland, Switzerland, Czech Republic

Soldato
Yeah same on S23U, not sure what it adds really.

Speaking of which, for the first time in my life cracked a screen on my phone. Landed on absolutely perfect angle on the curved portion of the screen where case doesn't cover it, guess I now dislike curved screens as wouldn't have happened with a flat one :p

Have insurance with a banking account, but having had phones repaired for family members previously on it, pretty sure they don't use proper OEM parts and had to send one back as repair was shoddy with back peeling, etc.

Throws the original plan of keeping the S23U for few years out the window now. Bought an iPhone to tide me over while this is getting repaired and then see.

Associate
Anyone use Retroarch on the s24 ultra, i cannot for the life of me get it to work, tried both 32/64bit versions from the main site and neither works.

Just loads up and then locks up so you cannot do anything with it.

Back
Top Bottom