*** Samsung Galaxy Z Fold Thread (it can fold and everything) ***

Soldato
I'm not sure yet. Will wait to see it. Although I do love the fold and not sure I could go back to a regular phone. Cameras have been great for me. Even managed a couple of great full moon shots at max zoom that came out brilliantly.

Associate
I love my Fold 4 so going to stick with this concept as long as i don't have trouble with the inner screen failing after about a year.

If it does happen I'll move back to a regular phone again, & put foldables on the backburner for a couple more years until the tech improves further.

But as it stands now I've not had one single problem with my Fold 4, just hope it continues like this for the next year or two.

Associate
I'm gonna trade in my Fold 3 as I have already had to replace the inner screen under warranty, which doesn't fill me with confidence that it will last past the warranty period. So just wondering wether to trade in and get the S23 or hold off until the Fold 5 is released.

Associate
I'm gonna trade in my Fold 3 as I have already had to replace the inner screen under warranty, which doesn't fill me with confidence that it will last past the warranty period. So just wondering wether to trade in and get the S23 or hold off until the Fold 5 is released.

What happened to the screen? I had one for 12 months and never an issue bar the protector peeling.

Soldato
The screen on my Fold 3doesn't fold flat anymore, it's about 175°, checked for obstructions. Also, the protector started coming away so I had to remove it.

Soldato
I have been looking at a fold recently as I consume a lot of media on my phone.

While it does look fantastic for reading, it doesn't seem to give you a larger viewing experience when watching 16:9 content. I quiver at the thought of zooming to full screen, so much of the content would be cut off!

Soldato
Normal wide screen content still looks great on the screen. Iys definitely better than a normal phone.

I got a new update on my fold 4 the other day. 2gb lots of new features including expert RAW camera mode and new weather app features.

Associate
I have been looking at a fold recently as I consume a lot of media on my phone.

While it does look fantastic for reading, it doesn't seem to give you a larger viewing experience when watching 16:9 content. I quiver at the thought of zooming to full screen, so much of the content would be cut off!

It gives you a marginally bigger viewing screen than an S23U if you turn it on its side so buttons are on top/bottom even with black bars, some applications give you a nice infinite Zoom so you can choose how much you clip.

I've come to quite like it, especially in my low tech car, its like having a modern fancy dash screen with maps, music and messaging all in one screen.

Soldato
I've hot it on my fold 4.

No issues as such but the fingerprint reader no longer works grom the always on display. I have to press to turn on screen then it works. Anyone one else have this issue?

Associate
OP
Just sold my Pixel fold, and have bought a Fold5 coming tomorrow. I miss too many features from the fold 4 that the pixel just doesn't have so excited to get back to proper multitasking!!

Associate
I am really enjoying my fold 5. The ability to have a small phone and tablet style phone same time is underrated. Also I'm realising I'm getting locked in more and more into the Samsung network. I have a watch 6,smart tv and it all links in pretty good. I would have liked to try other new fold phones, like the honor and oppo ones but I'm now stuck in Samsung eco...

Soldato
That's interesting. What do Samsung do that means you can't change the phone or the watch? Can't you install the Samsung apps on other Androids?

I listened to a podcast recently where an Apple user was saying Google are locking people into their ecosystem. I just don't see it. I've had an iPhone, I've used an iPad. Both of them let me install all the Google apps on them...

Associate
That's interesting. What do Samsung do that means you can't change the phone or the watch? Can't you install the Samsung apps on other Androids?

I listened to a podcast recently where an Apple user was saying Google are locking people into their ecosystem. I just don't see it. I've had an iPhone, I've used an iPad. Both of them let me install all the Google apps on them...
With my Samsung watch 6 and my z fold 5, it's easy to track my sleep, activities etc. Can also easily connect my phone via dex to my smart tv and it all just works flawlessly. The TV I have is the frame tv so it's easy to transfer and change pics from my phone to the TV.

Back
Top Bottom