SCAM car sales website

Soldato
Had another chat with him

Please wait for a site operator to respond...
Operator Alan Clark has joined the chat.
Alan Clark: Hello, how may I help you?
The visitor has set the name as "Stephen".
Stephen: Hello did you send the email?
Stephen: Also do you accept cheque as payment?
Alan Clark: Sorry?
Alan Clark: what email?
Stephen: for the HPi rpeort
Stephen: *report
Alan Clark: I have forwarded your request and you will be answered within 24 hours
Stephen: Ah cool
Stephen: Would it be possible to do an inspection of the car before buying?
Stephen: Hello Gary?
Alan Clark: who is Gary?
Stephen: Sorry i meant Alan
Stephen: Is it possible to see the car before purchase?
Alan Clark: We win vehicles at auctions all over the country. The cars have been taken over by the government or by financial institutions or banks from people with financial woes and cannot pay for the loans that they made. Local pick-up is not available. Most of the vehicles are stored at the parking lots of banks and financial institutions. They don't have showrooms or specialized people in order to offer this service. They are pressing us to take the car from there as soon as possible. In order to avoid unnecessary shipping costs, we prefer to find a buyer and deliver the car directly to his address. You will be able to inspect the car at you home and if you decide not to keep it, we are going to refund your payment and take the car back free of charge.
Stephen: Thank you
Stephen: So would I be able to pay by cash or bank transfer on the day the car is delivered? Would save a lot of bother if I didn't like a part of it
Alan Clark: The vehicle will be shipped within 2 business days after the payment is confirmed. Depending on the distance and our shipping schedule it will take up to 5 business days to receive the car.
Alan Clark: Upon delivery you will have 3 business days to inspect the vehicle. If the car does not correspond to your expectations or our description we will fully refund your payment within 3 business days and collect the car from you. The payment is FULLY refundable.
Stephen: What are the payments methods?
Alan Clark: bank transfer
Stephen: What about debit or credit transaction?
Alan Clark: no
Stephen: cheque?
Alan Clark: no
Stephen: Any reasons why not? Credit card would be more easier.
Alan Clark: We actually worked with two credit card payment processors (merchants). We had issues with both of them. The first we worked with, had very little credit card fraud protection. A lot of time wasters used to reserve cars with expired or incomplete credit card numbers.This made us lose time and money.The second credit card processor was a little paranoid, they controled everything about the buyer, the approval process sometimes took weeks.Again, we lost time and money. A lot of unhappy buyers too.So we decided to stick with bank transfer. It worked like a charm for the last couple of years.
Stephen: I have used credit transaction on many other purchases they were fine.
Stephen: Which bank transfer service do you use, and is there fee for the transfer?
Alan Clark: barclays
Stephen: Excellent, as long as it's not Western Union Hehe
Alan Clark: westenr union?
Alan Clark: ok
Alan Clark: I see
Alan Clark: bye
Operator Alan Clark has left the chat.The chat is ended.

lool

interesting discussion here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=738958

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought that was only related to dressing up as one etc. for deception purposes?

Maybe Burnsy on Von S can clarify, and not arrest me if I've made a booboo. ;)

No.

Impersonation, etc.— (1) Any person who with intent to deceive impersonates a member of a police force or special constable, or makes any statement or does any act calculated falsely to suggest that he is such a member or constable, shall be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or to both.
(2) Any person who, not being a constable, wears any article of police uniform in circumstances where it gives him an appearance so nearly resembling that of a member of a police force as to be calculated to deceive shall be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.
(3) Any person who, not being a member of a police force or special constable, has in his possession any article of police uniform shall, unless he proves that he obtained possession of that article lawfully and has possession of it for a lawful purpose, be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 1 on the standard scale.
(4) In this section—
(a)
“article of police uniform” means any article of uniform or any distinctive badge or mark or document of identification usually issued to members of police forces or special constables, or anything having the appearance of such an article, badge, mark or document,
[F1 (aa)
“member of a police force” includes a member of the British Transport Police Force,] and
(b)
“special constable” means a special constable appointed for a police area.

Looks like you are no better than them really ;)

Soldato
Operator Maria Diaz Ramos has joined the chat.

Maria Diaz Ramos: Hello,how may i help you today?

Me: I was interested in how your company became certified by the internet?

Maria Diaz Ramos: Sorry but i am just live chat operator i don't have this question

Me: Well in order for me to trust buying from you I would like to know how you got the internet to certify you.

Me: You see, I know the internet and he doesn't certify easily!

Maria Diaz Ramos: I will ask our manager

Tard. Clearly Nigerian

Soldato
Just had a chat with "Alan".

His email is: [email protected]

Interesting that he said this Astra has tax:

Code:
http://cars-direct-inc.com/2008-vauxhall-astra-estate-1-8l-automatic-26-898-miles.html

Yet if you do a search on DVLA vehicle enquiry it says the car's date of liability was 1 Oct 2010 and is unlicensed.

20103836867385314511794.jpg

Is there anyway to report these scammers?

irrelevant of that how can the tax run out on the 11th April as per the web chat????

Back
Top Bottom